Sign in with
Your question

RecordEX replace CD drive with DVD?

Last response: in Storage
January 17, 2012 2:56:35 PM

I have a RecordEX (cant find model number) but it has 1 cd reader and 1 RW. My question is, would it be possible to put dvd reader/burner in place of current drives? Thanks in advance
a b G Storage
January 17, 2012 3:23:15 PM

Yes you should be able to replace one of your CD-RW drives with a DVD-RW drive no problem.

As long it's not a slim type you should be able to get any internal DVD-RW drive.

What computer do you have? Dell? HP? Custom built? If you can tell us the model we can probably tell you what would be good.
m
l
January 17, 2012 3:24:54 PM

Chainzsaw said:
Yes you should be able to replace one of your CD-RW drives with a DVD-RW drive no problem.

As long it's not a slim type you should be able to get any internal DVD-RW drive.

What computer do you have? Dell? HP? Custom built? If you can tell us the model we can probably tell you what would be good.

It's not in a PC. It's a standalone "RecordEX"
m
l
a b G Storage
January 17, 2012 3:31:01 PM

Ahh I see. Didn't realize RecordEx was hardware and not software lol.

In that case i'm not too sure. RecordEx hardware might need specific firmware's for their drives, so simply putting in another drive might not work.

What you could try though is - if you have a spare DVD-rW (they are found everywhere, and are dirt cheap) you can try putting it in and seeing if it works. Although the hardware might be slightly different, so it may or may not work.
m
l
!