giantzfan247

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
hello guys,i got my fx 6200 a few day ago about 4, and ive been trying to overclock it, but my bios settings don't have an effect, like they don't save but they do, its not a cmos problem.it worked once when i upped the bus speed to get it to 4GHz but increasing the multiplier doesn't have an effect.can you guys tell me what settings to disable in the bios.my temps are fine they are at 28 idle and 49 at full load running prime95 for 4 hours, i am using a hyper 212+. i will take some screen shots that are helpful and i will post my specs as-well please guys i really need to overclock, ive done it b4 but i don't know how to fix this problem im new to fx processors and how to oc them.i need to do this because i have 6870 crossfire and they are bottle-necking in battlefield a little by my cpu.i tried disabling some settings, no effect. i reset my cmos yesterday maybe i should try again
pc specs-
-AMD FX 6200 @3.80GHz

-8.0 GB Corsair Vengeance Blue Ram @ 1600 MHz

-HIS Radeon HD 6870 IceQ TurboX CF

-Raidmax 850 Watt Psu modular 80+ gold

-Rosewill Challenger Case

-GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

-60gb intel 330 SSD

here are default settings in my bios

http://i46.tinypic.com/scuoeh.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2vtuofr.jpg

my stock voltages
http://i50.tinypic.com/303e8uo.png

giantzfan247

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012

ok i will try this thanks..i might need your help again so is there any way i can contact you?

Disable cool and quiet. It will automatically slow the CPU down during idle or low load.

Also I'd disable the core control because you won't be unlocking any cores. Turn off the Core performance boost, you won't be able to turbo while overclocking anyway.
I'd change the multiplier on the ram to 1600 Mhz, and we typically do set the ram to EOCP.

If you want to OC past 4.2, you'll probably need to add a little voltage to the CPU, so you'll want to enable manual voltage control. Also on AMD boards, sometimes in order to get the ram running at the proper speed it MAY be necessarily to bump the voltage a bit for that. AMD boards are generally better with 1.6 Volts, whereas most ram these days is rated at 1.5 V and will default to that. I wouldn't change that unless it is giving you problems at 1.5.

giantzfan247

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012

i changed ram to 1600Mhz i couldnt boot in, but i did wat u said still no effect

OK, then it may be necessary to set the timings manually. Find the specifics of your ram and enter the memory timings exactly, just use manual control in the BIOS. If that doesn't work then google the ram and motherboard combo and you my find others who have worked through this.

But for now you can keep the ram at 1333 and just play with the overclocking. Once you find a way to stabilize the ram, then you can attampt OC at 1600 speed.

giantzfan247

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012

hey buzznut,the thing is my settings in my bios just dont have any effect,like cpuz, amd overdrive and everything else still says im at the stock 3.8ghz, me changing my cpu multiplier doesnt do anything.i cleared my cmos again