Sign in with
Your question

Phenom AM3 budget build: WIN FAIL say what?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 22, 2010 9:26:55 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This month.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (MOD4, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 2), Internetz, Student work, photo editing, movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: monitor (have a 23'' SAMSUNG), mouse

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD cpu and gpu, Gigabyte or ASUS mobo, Antec Case

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: want a budget build with some future proofing, need only on PCI-e 16. Dont know if I should go for micro-atx or not. Could really use some comments on my choices so far.

PARTS i HAVE CHOSEN SO FAR:

*CPU: AMD socket AM3 Phenom2 x3 tripple core
*MOBO: ASUS M4A77TD Pro OR M4A785TD-M Evo
*RAM: Trancend JetRam DDR 3 1333mhz 2Gb x2
*HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500Gb 16m 7200rpm
*Case: ANTEC 300
*PSU: Corsair CX 400W

Still need to choose a good quality/value wireless keyboard.

Thanks. Andy advise or comments would be appreciated.

More about : phenom am3 budget build win fail

January 22, 2010 10:08:28 AM

^ Which graphic card will you be using ? And I would suggest the Athlon X4 620 instead of the X3 or the Athlon X3 425...as these both are better value than the Phenom X3...
And which graphics card will you be using ?
January 22, 2010 10:16:44 AM

because im on a bit of a strict budget I might not put in a GPU immediately. Would opt for 4850 or cheap club 3d 1gb 5770. again I need something that has good value. but only a bit later. Integrated graphics would have to do for now. Im from South africa, so its a shame i cant give you a price range.

Would also like the possibility of OC'ing, that why im opting for the Phenom x3. and it has a better stock clockspeed.
What do you think about the RAM and Mobo choices? Dont think the RipJaws are widely available over here.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 22, 2010 10:25:34 AM

^ The 770 doesnt come with onboard graphics...So get the 785G mobo...
And those mobos will allow for a decent overclock...
And as for the RAM, the Transcend RAMs are very good entry-level RAMs...if you are planning for overclock, then you would need the GSkillz/ Corsair...
As for availablity, nowadays, the companies expand their market a lot...So you should be able to get those...
January 22, 2010 10:51:25 AM

Can I OC with the 785TD evo mobo? Should I get extra cooling to OC? What are the real cons of getting a micro atx mobo? except for lack of SLI/Crossfire?
January 23, 2010 6:19:01 AM

^ Yes it will overclock decent...and if you want to go beyond 3.1-3.2GHz, then surely you will need an aftermarket CPU cooler... - A CM Hyper 212+ would be a good option...
And there are no other cons getting a mATX board now...
!