XP in a new laptop

pentagrid

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Hello,
I have the same problem, some of my old software does not work good in XP "mode" of Windows 7, but my old laptop is in bad condition. I would like to install the XP Operating System in a new laptop. This discussion has been very helpful.

It may not install. Firmware version may prevent this. However that does not rule out installing a different blank hard drive to start with..
Laptops are not a standard configuration, but many parts such as HDD may be swappable. (or erasable)
Manufacturers tend to build more proprietary features into laptops, such as firmware that rejects older OS.
You are not the first person to experience this. But I am not saying that a workaround is not possible.

All I am saying is that a laptop is not like a desktop, the manufacturer customizes the hardware and configuration.
I know of at least one laptop that rejects software that is not branded by the laptop manufacturer...or so the firmware is preventing it from doing so. But there is often a way to abandon the limitation.

However I will warn thee,
windows 7 has much better video quality, and you will not find that quality using XP.
Then again, if you are expecting quality video with a single core processor, you are looking in the wrong place.