I got i7-930 with h50 corsair and i have 44 C idle, 60 C under load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Well water cooling usually sucks (in my experience anyway) for idle and kicks butt with load. Both of your temps seem a tad bit high especially for stock but like Saint said the H50 is a rip off - you would have been better going with a fantastic air cooling setup. You could try turning the fan speed up on the radiator or reapplying the thermal grease. Heck, maybe even overclock to see if it even goes up that high - I would keep it below 70 and you will be safe. H50 = ripoff though bro. If you're going to do water in the future do it right.

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Well water cooling usually sucks (in my experience anyway) for idle and kicks butt with load. Both of your temps seem a tad bit high especially for stock but like Saint said the H50 is a rip off - you would have been better going with a fantastic air cooling setup. You could try turning the fan speed up on the radiator or reapplying the thermal grease. Heck, maybe even overclock to see if it even goes up that high - I would keep it below 70 and you will be safe. H50 = ripoff though bro. If you're going to do water in the future do it right.

Solution

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

LOL yeah ok "Corsair Tech Support"

H50 = ripoff.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

Why are you spamming a thread that has nothing to do with you? You have misquoted another member above and you your statement about "rip off" is just wrong. The product does what it is advertised to do for a fair price. You have no personal experience with the product obviously. Please troll somewhere else and leave the forum members with legitimate requests for assistance alone.

Do you mean Tomshardware, they did a review, here's a quote

" At the other end of the noise scale is Corsair’s H50. Almost as quiet as the Cogage True Spirit, it also provides nearly as much cooling performance in our open-air test bench. The H50’s somewhat remote radiator could be advantageous in especially hot systems if its rear-mounted fan is used as an intake, an installation method so effective that it has been adopted by many boutique builders. Cases with lid-mounted exhaust are designed to compensate for the change in rear fan orientation. "

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-h50-fort120,2370.html

Here's a quote from our own inhouse WC expert Conumdrum;

" I was a H50 hater being a big monster watercooler setup guy. But for what it is, it's pretty good. "

Status
Not open for further replies.