How to install second sata hard drive windows 7

hi : i have another sata hard ( samsung hd161hj ata device) it was connected to dvd recorder and i have data on it.
i took this hard and connected it to my computer win 7 but i cant see it . in disk managment i can see it and clik right on it but delete volume is active only.

in the top of the page i can see all another volums file system is NTFS but my hard samsung have no file system

i want to copy my data from this hard help me to see it please.

thanks. sorry for the english
4 answers Last reply
More about install sata hard drive windows
  1. The file system used on DVD recorder hard drives is completely different from the ones used in Windows. There's no way to read that kind of drive with a Windows computer.

Some DVD recorders use Linux-style partitions, but the actual data and file format is typically unreadable even by Linux systems without using some specialized tools and arcane knowledge.
  2. yeah, you have to plug it back into a recorder, pull the info, then you can mount it to your pc and format it for use.
  3. guavasauce said:
    yeah, you have to plug it back into a recorder, pull the info, then you can mount it to your pc and format it for use.

thank you for your help , but I can't plug it back into the recorder because the recorder is fail
    and if I format the hard drive by computer I will loss recorded data on it.
  4. Your shows are probably unrecoverable.

There are a few specific recorders for which recovery procedures have been developed, you could try asking your question at the link below to see if anyone can help you:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives SATA Storage