Sign in with
Your question

How to install second sata hard drive windows 7

Last response: in Storage
January 17, 2012 8:24:42 PM

hi : i have another sata hard ( samsung hd161hj ata device) it was connected to dvd recorder and i have data on it.
i took this hard and connected it to my computer win 7 but i cant see it . in disk managment i can see it and clik right on it but delete volume is active only.

in the top of the page i can see all another volums file system is NTFS but my hard samsung have no file system

i want to copy my data from this hard help me to see it please.

thanks. sorry for the english
a c 415 G Storage
January 17, 2012 9:05:27 PM

The file system used on DVD recorder hard drives is completely different from the ones used in Windows. There's no way to read that kind of drive with a Windows computer.

Some DVD recorders use Linux-style partitions, but the actual data and file format is typically unreadable even by Linux systems without using some specialized tools and arcane knowledge.
m
l
January 17, 2012 9:53:43 PM

yeah, you have to plug it back into a recorder, pull the info, then you can mount it to your pc and format it for use.
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2012 6:50:02 PM

guavasauce said:
yeah, you have to plug it back into a recorder, pull the info, then you can mount it to your pc and format it for use.

thank you for your help , but I can't plug it back into the recorder because the recorder is fail
and if I format the hard drive by computer I will loss recorded data on it.
m
l
a c 415 G Storage
January 26, 2012 3:14:04 AM

Your shows are probably unrecoverable.

There are a few specific recorders for which recovery procedures have been developed, you could try asking your question at the link below to see if anyone can help you:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106
m
l
!