I have no clue what i should

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 10:27:44 PM

Ok guys, So everything went great with my new Intel build.. I went with a Ivy Bridge 3570K and i got a deal on my buddies ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (100$). I noticed Ivy is a bit warmer than sandy bridge, But i knew it was going to be warm. Anyways to cut down to what i am asking... What would be a good cooler to get.. I was looking at the Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro. I have heard good and bad things about Closed loop water cooling. And i wouldn't mind getting it if its much better than buying a same price Heatsink... But if there is a good heatsink you guys recommend

Details: I only plan to do a overclock of up to max, maybe 4.4 or 4.2.. for now anyways.. And right now i'm running on stock cooler. I would like to upgrade as soon as possible. I will look and consider any recommendations. But also I will research as well to get a back ground on the product first before buying. :D 

More about : clue

a b K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 10:34:33 PM

A COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 $29.99 free shipping will do fine if only clocking to 4.2 GHz and holding temp to 65C.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

For higher O/C's and lower temps COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 1366/1155 and AMD $44.99 free shipping.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 10:54:27 PM

Or the Corsair H100! personal favorite! :) 

Bottom line, if your PC case can squeeze it's large heat exchanger in, the Corsair Hydro H100 offers excellent thermal performance although it's not very quiet at full fan speed. Recommended!

Please do visit this site:
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=266...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2012 12:44:53 AM

I will look at all these once more. I have considered all these before. Also I'd like something "Easy to Install". I know pretty much every Intel mounting is exactly the same... but Its not... I do like the Hyper 212 Evo its a great cooler. I have read its just a little louder than the NH D14 for some reason...You would think the NHD14 would be louder but.. no. the only downside to the Noctua is its very bulky.. But, i guess thats what makes it so great is all the extra metal to conduct heat. And the H100... I will still try and make a decision on if i am ready to do liquid cooling as I may not need it. I just realized earlier i had been running 4.5 ghz on my stock cooler because the BIOS settings had my multiplier set to 45. I set it to auto and bam my frequency in windows and the bios went back to 3.4ghz.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2012 1:03:21 AM

amuffin said:
Custom watercooling.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-...

You can get a custom loop that costs the same as the H100 and outperforms it!

I'm not ready to get a full water cooling kit.. I guess one this is, i don't have the time to deal with the entire process of getting a 100% water cooling setup. If i Watercool right now i'td just be a "All in one" thing
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
September 10, 2012 1:04:05 AM

If it's an all in one, grab a high end aircooler.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2012 1:06:56 AM

amuffin said:
If it's an all in one, grab a high end aircooler.

So, what is a good one that is easy to install?
m
l
September 10, 2012 5:07:58 AM

Rockdpm said:
Ok guys, So everything went great with my new Intel build.. I went with a Ivy Bridge 3570K and i got a deal on my buddies ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (100$). I noticed Ivy is a bit warmer than sandy bridge, But i knew it was going to be warm. Anyways to cut down to what i am asking... What would be a good cooler to get.. I was looking at the Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro. I have heard good and bad things about Closed loop water cooling. And i wouldn't mind getting it if its much better than buying a same price Heatsink... But if there is a good heatsink you guys recommend

Details: I only plan to do a overclock of up to max, maybe 4.4 or 4.2.. for now anyways.. And right now i'm running on stock cooler. I would like to upgrade as soon as possible. I will look and consider any recommendations. But also I will research as well to get a back ground on the product first before buying. :D 

HR-02 macho from Thermalright is good one. excellent cooling and silent.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2012 1:06:37 PM

thomashan168 said:
HR-02 macho from Thermalright is good one. excellent cooling and silent.

Looks very tempting... Kinda reminds me of the Phanteks or the NHD 14
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 12, 2012 3:21:02 AM

Ok guys, so i managed to get my Corsair A70 from my Intel build installed. Temps are acceptable so far. Ran prime for 10 mins and max temp was 68C
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 12, 2012 3:38:13 AM

muhammadbinmehroze said:
Nice :) 

Already tested prime with a slight 4ghz oc and was still stable. Will go to 4.2 tomorrow.. Now if i can just figure out OC settings to my graphics card :whistle: 
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
September 12, 2012 3:08:46 PM

Rockdpm said:
Already tested prime with a slight 4ghz oc and was still stable. Will go to 4.2 tomorrow.. Now if i can just figure out OC settings to my graphics card :whistle: 

For the OC settings of the GTX 670, this will help you out alot:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overcloc...

Goodluck!

Thumbs up! ;) 

Cheers! :D 
a b K Overclocking
September 12, 2012 4:14:29 PM

muhammadbinmehroze said:
For the OC settings of the GTX 670, this will help you out alot:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overcloc...

Goodluck!

Thumbs up! ;) 

Cheers! :D 

Thats actually the article i was reading up on last night.. Thanks!, I believe you get to take home the "Best Answer" badge today! :D 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 12, 2012 4:14:51 PM

Best answer selected by Rockdpm.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 12, 2012 4:49:16 PM

Rockdpm said:
Thats actually the article i was reading up on last night.. Thanks!, I believe you get to take home the "Best Answer" badge today! :D 

Thanx a lot :)  I appreciate it :) 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 12, 2012 7:07:22 PM

No problem man.. I guess I kinda fixed one of my issues.. but you still answered a question i had.. So you technically deserve it!
m
l
!