RAID and Bit Locker and TrueCrypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidst95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008
Hi,

I have 2 Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM drives in a Raid 1 configuration. If I use Bit Locker or TrueCrypt on them and one of the drive fails will it be difficult to still access the other drive? If it's not difficult, which is the best encryption solution to use? I have a I7 2600K and a 120 SSD for the Windows 7. Thank you.

David

Solution

IT shouldn't make a difference. raid works at a level below encryption software and should be agnostic to it. - dependant on your controller if one drive fails the other drive should just carry on. no issues. pop the new one in and your back to normal.

dependant on the use case i would normally use truecrypt so you dont have to faff around with a TPM or usb keys

scarby

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009

IT shouldn't make a difference. raid works at a level below encryption software and should be agnostic to it. - dependant on your controller if one drive fails the other drive should just carry on. no issues. pop the new one in and your back to normal.

dependant on the use case i would normally use truecrypt so you dont have to faff around with a TPM or usb keys

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.