Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Windows Experience Rating?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 16, 2010 3:25:58 PM

I have a question I have 2 xfire radeon 5870's and I just updated the driver and now my windows experience rating for graphics and gaming went from 7.8 to 6.o? Why is that? I am not sure what happened. How can I fix this problem? Thanks
a c 189 U Graphics card
January 16, 2010 3:30:06 PM

never use windows experience rating, they are not accurate... :) 
have u try it with any games?
January 16, 2010 3:37:36 PM

Yes I have played Dragon Age and the Sims 3. They ran fine.
Related resources
a c 376 U Graphics card
January 16, 2010 3:57:23 PM

Yes, the windows rating should be entirely ignored.
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2010 4:05:56 PM

Windows experience tends to bork up 2d vs 3d clocks at times during the test. Since the 5000 series under clocks much farther than the 4000 did many people see very low scores, comparatively.

Don't worry about it so long as everything else works fine.

You can make sure the clocks are set high in CCC though.. sometimes they do get stuck lower than stock.
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2010 4:08:48 PM

Maybe is because the Windows experience ranking sucks. Ignore this, like jyjjy said.
January 16, 2010 7:34:23 PM

OK thanks everyone. Where in CCC can you determine your clock settings?
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2010 7:52:19 PM

gamermom said:
OK thanks everyone. Where in CCC can you determine your clock settings?


in ATI overdrive.
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2010 8:12:11 PM

OK, now that is weird. I got single HD4850 1GB and in the windows experience index i get 7.3 on those two sections! :o . You should be getting 15+ score with 2x5870 LOL ( i have win 7 ultimate x64 )

Anyway it must be a bug or something. And as the other guys pointed don't trust Windows Experience Index.
Your cards are great and the performance (probably) is and will be improved on the 5xxx series with the new drivers.


January 23, 2010 6:52:13 PM

Well hopefully its just a glitch. I was looking at my CCC Overdrive and notice that my clocks say 157 mhz and 300 mhz. Why are they so low?
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 7:08:27 PM

unknown_13 said:
OK, now that is weird. I got single HD4850 1GB and in the windows experience index i get 7.3 on those two sections! :o . You should be getting 15+ score with 2x5870 LOL ( i have win 7 ultimate x64 )

Anyway it must be a bug or something. And as the other guys pointed don't trust Windows Experience Index.
Your cards are great and the performance (probably) is and will be improved on the 5xxx series with the new drivers.

The WEI score is nonlinear, and 15+ is impossible. In Windows 7, the highest possible score is a 7.9 across the board.

As others said though, don't trust it. My pair of 4870x2s gets a 7.1, even though I know they're faster than a 4850 (which apparently gets a 7.3).
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 7:09:41 PM

gamermom said:
Well hopefully its just a glitch. I was looking at my CCC Overdrive and notice that my clocks say 157 mhz and 300 mhz. Why are they so low?

To save power. My 4870x2s run at 500/500 MHz at idle, and 750/900 MHz 3d load. If you start a game, then minimize it and look at the clocks again, they should be much higher.
January 23, 2010 7:13:42 PM

cjl said:
To save power. My 4870x2s run at 500/500 MHz at idle, and 750/900 MHz 3d load. If you start a game, then minimize it and look at the clocks again, they should be much higher.


Yep you are right. Thank you! They go much higher when I am running a game.
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2010 8:15:17 PM

cjl said:
The WEI score is nonlinear, and 15+ is impossible. In Windows 7, the highest possible score is a 7.9 across the board.

As others said though, don't trust it. My pair of 4870x2s gets a 7.1, even though I know they're faster than a 4850 (which apparently gets a 7.3).


Yeah i meant 7.9:)  I mean, a hd5870 Xfire would lay waste on a 4850

besides the 4850 score the score on my q8200 is 7.1 and a qx6800 gets around 6.4
VERY WEIRD! :??:  how can 4850 top an 4870x2~HD5870!!!
April 13, 2010 1:04:17 AM

I have a GTX 285. I get a score of 7.4

When i attach another graphic card [NOT SLI] for the purpose of multiple screens [3 screens] ... the score goes to 6.0


My question is, will this anyhow affect my gaming performance? knowing the fact only 1 monitor attached to the GTX 285, and that monitor i do gaming on!

The other graphic card is a different model and older one, i believe 9000 series and 2 different monitors are connected to it.
a b U Graphics card
April 13, 2010 10:42:47 AM

iNZoW said:
I have a GTX 285. I get a score of 7.4

When i attach another graphic card [NOT SLI] for the purpose of multiple screens [3 screens] ... the score goes to 6.0


My question is, will this anyhow affect my gaming performance? knowing the fact only 1 monitor attached to the GTX 285, and that monitor i do gaming on!

The other graphic card is a different model and older one, i believe 9000 series and 2 different monitors are connected to it.



If you're worried about WEI, don't trust it, don't......

What is the gfx card you added?
April 13, 2010 3:30:27 PM

GeForce 7800 GTX, older than expected. But notice that the monitors attached to this card are used for dual view. When i play a game, its always in the monitor connected to the GTX 285.

I noticed something. When i play any game in window mode while having 3 screens connected, I get very terrible frame rates [game executed in the main monitor connected to GTX 285]. But when i remove the older graphic card and just use GTX 285, i run games smoothly in window mode. Does this confirm that it's lowering the performance?

P.S: In full screen, couldn't tell if there was a difference.
!