Problem with Sims 2... Frustrating

On installing Sims2 I specified it to be installed to F:\Programs\Sims2
However after I hit install it told me it would take up about 500 Mb on
the C:\ drive... My C:\ drive is for system files only and as such is
much smaller in size. My wife began installing downloaded addons; now
the EAgames folder in My Documents is about 1.2Gb in size. I am curious
if there is a way I can move the EAgames folder off to my F:\ drive
without too much hassle?

Other than that we love the game.

When the game installs it actually puts files in two places. The actual
game files will be on your F drive but the user files (i.e. those files
which you can manipulate in various ways, the saved games and custom
content) get put into My Documents. You can change the location of My
Documents. Instructions for that have been posted several times here but I
can't remember exactly how so hopefully someone who does will tell you, if
you don't know already.

Best wishes
maxon

> When the game installs it actually puts files in two places. The actual
> game files will be on your F drive but the user files (i.e. those files
> which you can manipulate in various ways, the saved games and custom
> content) get put into My Documents. You can change the location of My
> Documents. Instructions for that have been posted several times here but
> can't remember exactly how so hopefully someone who does will tell you, if
> you don't know already.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "Iowack" <obfuscation20@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On installing Sims2 I specified it to be installed to F:\Programs\Sims2
>> However after I hit install it told me it would take up about 500 Mb on
>> the C:\ drive... My C:\ drive is for system files only and as such is
>> much smaller in size. My wife began installing downloaded addons; now
>> the EAgames folder in My Documents is about 1.2Gb in size. I am curious
>> if there is a way I can move the EAgames folder off to my F:\ drive
>> without too much hassle?
>>
>> Other than that we love the game.

It is very easy.
Find "My Documents" (any Icon saying My Documents")
Right click on it.
Click on "properties"
In the dialog box click on "move"

On 30 Jul 2005 17:29:47 -0700, "Iowack" <obfuscation20@yahoo.com> wrote:

:>On installing Sims2 I specified it to be installed to F:\Programs\Sims2
:>However after I hit install it told me it would take up about 500 Mb on
:>the C:\ drive... My C:\ drive is for system files only and as such is
:>much smaller in size. My wife began installing downloaded addons; now
:>the EAgames folder in My Documents is about 1.2Gb in size. I am curious
:>if there is a way I can move the EAgames folder off to my F:\ drive
:>without too much hassle?

Yes and no. You can't move just the EAgames folder but you can relocate the
entire "My Documents" folder. Right click on the icon, select Properties,
click on Move. Give it a different location such as "F:\My Documents" or
whichever drive letter you choose to use. You will be asked if you want to
move the contents. Select Yes. Since "My Documents" is a system folder any
program that uses it will automatically find it in the new location. Also,
keep in mind that on the NT based operating systems (NT, 2K, XP and 2K3)
each user account has their owm home directory with their own "My Documents"
folder. So if you have multiple users playing the game under their own
login you would have to do the above for each one.

:>Other than that we love the game.

Hope this helps you enjoy it even more. :)

me/2

TRENDING THREADS