Solved

Gigabyte ga785 w/ati hd 4200 & msi nx 8400 together?

hello,
can i add an msi nx 8400 to my GA-785/Ati hd 4200 to run 2 monitors and if so, any tricks or pitfalls to beware of?

thank you, thank you very much,
michael
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte ga785 4200 8400 together
  1. Best answer
    Im not familiar with that board but sometimes if you put a discrete graphics card into your motherboard it sometimes auto matically shuts off onboard graphics. Given that the 8400 can handle 2 outputs by itself, Id just disable the ATI onboard graphics and remove all the drivers for it to ensure the ATI drivers dont conflict with Nvidia drivers.
  2. paperfox said:
    Im not familiar with that board but sometimes if you put a discrete graphics card into your motherboard it sometimes auto matically shuts off onboard graphics. Given that the 8400 can handle 2 outputs by itself, Id just disable the ATI onboard graphics and remove all the drivers for it to ensure the ATI drivers dont conflict with Nvidia drivers.
  3. hello paperfox,
    i tried to reply yesterday but, i must have geeked the button or something, i thought it went through. thank you for your insight and quick reply.
    btw - i have nominated you for "most likely to succeed Obama" or maybe it was for best answer, ... i get confused, i think.

thank you,
    michael
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon HD Gigabyte ATI Graphics MSI-Microstar