Closed Solved

Vertex 3 vs. Corsair Force 3 vs. Samsung 830

Hi all.

This may be an old topic, but I am having trouble getting real-world performance numbers or complete info. These are also changing fast with models and new BIOS/Driver updates.
So, for now:
Do they all perform well and very unlickly to get a BSOD ?

I'm looking for something that will last me for years and perform well on a future rig 3 years later. I understand ALL SSDs perform much better than ANY HDD.

If I need a 240-256 GB SSD, ALL will work well for for a Windows/Application drive for casual use, light database work, development, image/video processing, etc. Then just get the cheapest drive?

Or can performance be an issue with some non-compressable data and TRIM performance, so a Vertex 3 may be needed?

Or, Sanforce still has some issues. If I don't want to "screw with it", just get a Samsung 830 which is more stable and faster ??

There's always the Crucial m4, but I don't think that is the MOST reliable, Fastest, or Cheapest - just overall good.

From reading other posts, The Samsung may be the best choice if I want it to last for years and it's not the slowest.

ok thanks!
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about vertex corsair force samsung
  1. Best answer
    Yep the Samsung comes recommended and no sand force issues.
  2. Best answer selected by enewmen.
  3. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Performance Corsair Force Storage