Last response: in Overclocking

Which graphics card?

Total: 6 votes (1 blank vote)

• AMD 7970
  • 67 %
  • AMD 7950
  • 34 %
September 10, 2012 1:07:27 PM

Am buying an Asus sabertooth, i7 3770 3.5 GHZ, 16 or 32gig. Also what is the diffrent in the graphics cards? The cheapest is £299 and the most expensive is £539.

More about : graphic card high end

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2012 1:22:22 PM

Not only is this in the wrong place. Its a dumb question. There are SO many difference between those price points. Do your own research to find out what card is better for your needs. Since you didnt provide any other info, im sure you wont get many answers. There are tons of posts on the correct graphics forum which answer this question directly. Dont be lazy, do a search.
a b K Overclocking
September 11, 2012 3:13:51 AM

Don't go around calling it a dumb question, if you don't want to help don't post anything insulting, just tell them where to look or what it is and go on. The 7970 is considerably stronger than the 7950, and has more Vram, shaders, clock speed etc. If you're gaming at 1080p or up I'd probably say go for the 7970 if you can stomach the difference, otherwise a 7950 is good or look into a GTX 670. I'd probably reccomend going and looking at the GPU reviews either here on tomshardware or another site (Guru3d, anandtech, there's a lot) and see how they all perform and choose from there.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
September 11, 2012 4:33:01 PM

scopey86 said:
Don't go around calling it a dumb question, if you don't want to help don't post anything insulting, just tell them where to look or what it is and go on. The 7970 is considerably stronger than the 7950, and has more Vram, shaders, clock speed etc. If you're gaming at 1080p or up I'd probably say go for the 7970 if you can stomach the difference, otherwise a 7950 is good or look into a GTX 670. I'd probably reccomend going and looking at the GPU reviews either here on tomshardware or another site (Guru3d, anandtech, there's a lot) and see how they all perform and choose from there.

EXACTLY :) 
+1 for you... :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 11, 2012 7:37:18 PM

scopey86 said:

Guess you told me. Good explanation of 3 cards that are no where near his lowest price points. THere is enough info here he doesnt have to g oanywhere else. These posts are troll posts. But I bet you were so helpful. Please.
September 15, 2012 3:47:31 AM

Don't go around saying these posts are troll posts. They may have been made by people MUCH less informed then us. Also, he may have not known much english so he may have posted in the wrong section. You seem to be the typical person who thinks everybody knows english.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 4:30:13 AM

Yes I am typical. Amazing how he never came back to the post. But I guess you told me too.
!