welliam

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Hello,
available to me these psu:

PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
ANTEC TPQ-850W
OCZ GameXStream 850W

what is the best among them (and for future upgrade) ?

thanks

^5 +1 what ct1615 said.

The PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 watt power supply was one the best psu's ever offered by the company. The Silencer models were manufactured by Seasonic for PCP&P. Seasonic is a power supply manufacturer that has a reputation for high quality power supplies.

I know Nvidia is recommending a 600 watt power supply for a pc system with one of their their brand new GTX480 cards. I did not see a recommendation at the Nvidia site for the GTX470 video card. I have not seen any power recommendations for two video cards in SLI mode yet. SLI power requirements should be published shortly. Tom's Hardware will be publishing an article about using two of the cards in SLI mode. The articles almost always include power consumption and temperature charts. I'd wait a few days before making any purchasing decisions.

The cards run very very hot. The 470 can reach temperatures up around 95C and officially max out at 105C. That is above the boiling point of water. You will definitely need a pc case with excellent ventilation, airflow, and cooling to handle the cards. GEE! I wonder if the card can make a pot of coffee! :lol:

EDIT/UPDATE - I just visited the video card section of this forum. There is a sticky (thread) at the top that has a consolidated list of about a dozen technical reviews of the 480 and 470. Some of the reviews have power consumption and temperature charts for two 480's in SLI mode. I did not find any similar charts for the 470 in SLI mode.

power_peak-2.gif

power_maximum-3.gif

http://www.techspot.com/news/38297-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-480-and-470-specs-emerge.html

I was quite surprised to see that the 470 has the lowest "dollars per frame" in almost every DX11 game (9/10 tests at 1920 x 1200 and high settings). It has more OC room and less heat output.

And as jonnny said, you're gonna wanna move a good amount of air across these boards .... I'd recommend a full tower case such as an Antec 1200 or hAF 932 .....add the two optional case fans which blow across the GFX cards to the 1200.

welliam

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
yes the new fermi cards are hot and noisy but they are good in performance , for very special situation I need to buy the psu tomorrow (long story :) ) so plz tell me antec 850w or pc&p 750w ?

by they way , what extra fan I should buy ? please advice with links to know the model and how it look like

thanks alot for all replies

TRENDING THREADS