Asrock 890fx deluxe3 wont detect SATA devices.

greeky510

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Everything was working fine for the last 3 months until a few days ago. My Asrock 890fx Deluxe3 does not detect my SATA3 hard drive or DVD drive. Sometimes the computer wont even let me enter the bios before it restarts. After a few tries i was able to enter the bios and saw that the bios does not detect my sata hdd or sata dvd drive. The motherboard is however able to detect IDE devices. I tried changing the settings, different sata clable, different sata port, etc...
The onboard Dr.Debug feature on the motherboard does not give me any errors. I have no way of testing my SATA HDD or sata dvd burner on another computer to make sure they work.

After contacting Asrock the decided to issue an RMA for me. I just want your guys' opinion before i sent it in.

Asrock 890fx deluxe3
Amd phenomII x4 965 Black Edition
G.Skill ripJaws 2x2GB
Samsung spinpoint f3 hd103sj
Corsair 750w psu
Windows 7 64bit.

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Did you try resetting the Bios to default than resetting all your hardware? Disconnect the power supply and hit the reset button , hold it in for about 10 seconds. Make sure you disconnect the power first. After that try booting up again. It might help.