Sign in with
Your question

What cpu cooler should I get

Last response: in Overclocking
September 10, 2012 10:06:39 PM

I have a intel i5 2500k on a Intel® Desktop Board DZ77GA-70K inside the corsair carbide 400r. I wanted to overclock the intel i5 to at least 4.0 ghz hopefully 4.5 Currently I have the stock cooler I am looking to get a cpu cooler. I want one that will keep pretty cool, is easy to install and under 70$. I would like it to be somewhat queit but that's not to big of a deal. If it's on amazon that would be even better. Currently I am looking at the thermaltake frio advanced, thermaltake frio, and thermaltake frio and thermaltake frio ock. Out of those 3 which is the best in what I'm looking for. The other one I was considering is the hyper evo 212+ I think is what it's called. Is the hyper 212+ gonna be better even though its cheaper or no. These are the 4 I was mainly looking at but if you have other suggestions feel free to give some.

More about : cpu cooler

a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2012 10:30:59 PM

The 212+ can keep temps down at 4Ghz easy. (My 2600k is running @4Ghz didn't get past 64C during 2hrs of Prime95)

m
l
a c 219 à CPUs
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 11, 2012 12:55:28 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Kuhler-H2O-620-Liquid/dp/B0...

Just to add another option into the pot this cpu cooler will give you the option to go higher with your overclock without changing heatsinks and you would maybe add another fan to have push/pull.
m
l
!