AM3 Dual Channel + another dimm?

Solution
Start with your mobo manual. If you don't have a copy to read in hand, you can certainly find one online from the ASUS website. Generally everything you need to know about RAM configuration (except for overclocking) can be found in your mobo manual.
Dual Channel is not always the same on every board. Some boards will allow you to have a dual channel and single channel active at the same time. If your mobo allows it, you can run the pair in dc mode, while the single module will run in sc mode. If you opt for the dc modules plus 2 additional modules, you might as well just go for dual channel for both pairs.

josh7331

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009

How can I find out if my motherboard (the Asus M4A88TD-M/USB3) can run dual channel + single channel?

Best Regards, -Josh

josh7331

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Please Excuse my bump, but where will I found out if my motherboard the Asus M488TD-M/USB3 can use dual channel with single channel? I really appreciate you reading this and very much so if you post to try and help me.

Best Regards, -Josh

Start with your mobo manual. If you don't have a copy to read in hand, you can certainly find one online from the ASUS website. Generally everything you need to know about RAM configuration (except for overclocking) can be found in your mobo manual.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS