Z68XP-UD4
SSD Crucial M4
8gb Ram
620W Seasonic
Msi GTX 560GTX Ti
W7 Ultimate 64bits

and: WD My Passport Essential SE Usb 3.0 - 750 GB

With computer on, if i connect WD 3.0 to USB 3.0 all runs okay

But, if i boot with WD 3.0 connected to USB 3.0 port , no recognized :smileysad:

If i boot with WD 3.0 connected to USB 2.0 port all runs okay.

Bios and drivers updated.

¿What can i do?

Thanks in advance
5 answers Last reply
More about problem
  1. Check you BIOS settings to make sure the USB 3.0 is enabled. If not, enable it, save and exit the BIOS. If it is already enabled, use the USB 2.0.
  2. Thanks your message treefrog07

Yes, Usb 3.0 enabled in bios.

Of course i can use the 2.0, but if i have one 3.0 HD and 3.0 USB i would like to use it!
  3. Are you running the latest Bios version for your MB. If not there may be a later version that fixes this problem. The USB3 is controlled by a 3rd party controller, not Intel. So also make sure you have the latest driver for the USB 3, again available at MB website.

Have a laptop (Samsung RF711-SO1). Has two sata III ports. Initially when ever I plugged in a USB3 device (HDD, or Thumbdrive) it would drop my internet connect. A newer Bios Update solved the problem somewhat. Now when I plug in a device to USB3 it does not drop the connection, But if I boot with a device plugged in it still has no connection, have to unplug, gain connection, then plug device back in - Hoping the come out with a newer bios fix.
  4. Thanks for replys!

Quote:
    if I boot with a device plugged in it still has no connection, have to unplug, gain connection, then plug device back in - Hoping the come out with a newer bios fix

Thats exactly what happen to me.

I have Bios F5, last version is F6 but still beta, dont know if try it....
  5. This is a really common issue among USB 3 external hard drive users and USB 3 devices on motherboards, I am still researching it and have been for quite a few months. Because it is so common it is really difficult to find a solution but in the mean time I can give you a tip, the USB has to completely enumerate to do that unplug the HDD from the back of the computer and unplug power to the HDD or a short cut is to turn off the power to the PSU when the computer is off. This should reset the communication between the USB 3 device and the computer called enumerating. (that work around has worked for me but I still need to find a solution)
    The common hardware among users experiencing this problem might be WD external HDDs which I also have. (WD MyBook Essentials 2TB USB 3)
Ask a new question

Read More

Flash Media Western Digital USB3 Storage