blakecarter

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
so i need some advice, ive got my new rig and my old rig. ive got a 160gb HDD in my old rig with all my stuff and what not. but i was thinking about selling my old one to buy new stuff for my new rig but who is going to buy it without a HDD? so i was thinking about buying just like a 80gb or so HDD for my old rig and using my HDD i have now for my new rig.. how can i get a copy of windows disk so i can install windows on a new HDD?

I'm missing something. If you have a key it should have come with a disk or ISO download. If the key is from your previous copy of windows, using it on more than one computer is a violation of the EULA and you will need to purchase another copy of windows.

blakecarter

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
no i was given a product key from school a while back but all they did was email us the key number so i have no copies of windows install disk. just wondering if you can download and burn one or put one on a flash drive and install from there?

Yes, you can do that.

blakecarter

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
hawkeye22- it was usually for a vitural machine but usually what they do is just give them to us and the teacher tells us to either keep the key and use the 30 day trail or use to key and waste it lol. so go figure.. ima search around town im sure someone has a disk laying around -.-