Solved

Ram settings in BIOS?

Hello all, I purchased 1600mhz ram for my core i7 asrock x58ex mobo. it is a toms build your own build. My first. The RAMS not running at 1600. Do I have to change the settings ? If so where can i find reliable info about how to do it?

thanks all
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about settings bios
  1. Best answer
    It will run at 1066 MHz 1.5 V most likely by default unless you change the settings in the BIOS. It's not that difficult. Read what the RAM settings are supposed to be and just input the number into the correct setting. When it says 7-7-7-20 or something like that, the first no. is CL, the second number is 'tRCD', the third is 'tRP' and the fourth is 'tRAS'. Then increase the memory multiplier to x12 if you have your CPU running at stock. Also make sure to increase your voltage if needed.
  2. Lmeow said:
    It will run at 1066 MHz 1.5 V most likely by default unless you change the settings in the BIOS. It's not that difficult. Read what the RAM settings are supposed to be and just input the number into the correct setting. When it says 7-7-7-20 or something like that, the first no. is CL, the second number is 'tRCD', the third is 'tRP' and the fourth is 'tRAS'. Then increase the memory multiplier to x12 if you have your CPU running at stock. Also make sure to increase your voltage if needed.

hi and thanks for your response. Just wanna check if I understand you correctly.

Right now my memory is set to : 540.3-2:6-8.0-8-8-8-24-88-1.5
    its running at 540MHz/1080

so I want it to run at 1600 I should set to: 800-8.0-8-8-8-24-41-2T-1.65V
    that would be 800MHz/1600 as stated in the CPU-Z timings table?

Thats my question. How do I adjust the Frequency. My Mobo has a few pre-valued settings but not the 800.

Thanks
  3. Under voltages dram voltage is what's needed to be adjusted/increased to 1.65v.
  4. Change your memory multiplier to x12 or the BCLK : DRAM ratio to 2:12 (same thing different name), and this is at stock speeds right?
  5. Best answer selected by gerry410.
  6. Lmeow said:

what if on the same setup your not running the CPU at stock, say BLCK 162 vcore 1.16875
  7. With a ~ 160 BCLK my RAM would be running at 162 x 8 (stock memory multiplier) which would be 1296 MHz. However, I might have to change the timings if that speed is too high to run at those latencies.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory BIOS RAM Build Your Own