Far cry 2 crash with nvidia 9400 gt

i keep getting crashes on far cry 2 with this graphics card it keeps saying nv4_disp.dll had issue's anybody know how to fix this problem?
11 answers Last reply
More about crash nvidia 9400
  1. Hi

    You need directx update because its a .dll file problem.

    Download and install dx9 updates from here

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

    After installing it, re-install the game, your problem will be solved.
  2. cool ill try out!!!
  3. hop eit works cause i was gonna ground and pound my GPU!!! lol
  4. sunzeal said:
    Hi

    You need directx update because its a .dll file problem.

    Download and install dx9 updates from here

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

    After installing it, re-install the game, your problem will be solved.



    ok tryed that but that didnt work...

    these are my specs.

    pci express ECS elite group board
    intel pentium d 3.0
    9400 gt gpu
    4gb ram
    nvidea drivers updated and did that dx9 upgrade to....


    crapiest thing is it did it with freaking 9 dragons ... 9 dragons has like super mario 3 grafics LOL..

    and i have a 6 year old CPU that has an integrated video card and runs it well...


    ANY other ideas?
  5. drakken14 said:
    ok tryed that but that didnt work...

    these are my specs.

    pci express ECS elite group board
    intel pentium d 3.0
    9400 gt gpu
    4gb ram
    nvidea drivers updated and did that dx9 upgrade to....


    crapiest thing is it did it with freaking 9 dragons ... 9 dragons has like super mario 3 grafics LOL..

    and i have a 6 year old CPU that has an integrated video card and runs it well...


    ANY other ideas?


    That's impossible. The first card to support SM3 is the 6800, which came out in 2004, IGP's with SM3 would have come out much later. I believe the 82865G is the first Intel IGP to come with SM3 support.

    Is Far Cry 2 patched/updated? Try reinstalling FC2.
  6. If you installed DX that was on the install disc and you have all the game patches ( auto download is default when game starts ) then try an older driver until you find one that works.
  7. tried an older driver it took longer but still froze.... and its not just far cry 2 .. it does the same thing with any game.. if I go close up or zoom in on sniper rifles of any kind it does it...

    everybody tells me the 9400 gt sucks .. but thing is for far cry 2 i did the "can i run it" aplication and it says im above the recomended specs.. so there shouldnt be an issue with it runing or any other game in it range..

    i think the only thing thats not frozen yet is solitare.... "yet" like it never frezes on anything else.. just games with any tipe of grafix.
  8. sabot00 said:
    That's impossible. The first card to support SM3 is the 6800, which came out in 2004, IGP's with SM3 would have come out much later. I believe the 82865G is the first Intel IGP to come with SM3 support.

    Is Far Cry 2 patched/updated? Try reinstalling FC2.


    the older cpu dosent run far cry 2... it runs 9 dragons.. im making a comparison just to show that it isnt a gpu capasity problem.

    and yes far cry does automatic update as soon as u start the game. reistaled it twice.. ?


    :(
  9. You have a heat issue or a bad card. Blow all the dust off of everything.... processor/video card and heat sinks inside your case. You can also use a cotton swab. Twirl it around as you "scrub" stuff down. After doing that run with the side off the case for a while. If all else fails it could be the card or something else.

    I read a dozen or more reviews of this card. FarCry2......... I doubt it'll give you decent performance on it's best day I hate to say.
  10. swifty_morgan said:
    You have a heat issue or a bad card. Blow all the dust off of everything.... processor/video card and heat sinks inside your case. You can also use a cotton swab. Twirl it around as you "scrub" stuff down. After doing that run with the side off the case for a while. If all else fails it could be the card or something else.



    yep i think it might be the card... heat is 45C on the card and i did nvidia stability test and it crashed.. like blue screen and out in 10 minutes


    also lowerd all of the games settings on grafix to their lowest and still froze... so my guess is that the card is the problem.. i took the side of the case of and put a desk fan on the side and still...
  11. well 9400GT is good g.c only thing is it cannot play new games like RE5 very well, m able to play games like Burnout Paradise, MW2 at 1440x900 with 4AA with my 9400 GT.....it might be problem of g.c or windows?????
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Crash Graphics