Best racing game?

G

What do you consider the best car racing game to be? The Need 4 Speed games are the best ones I have found.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'm not much into racing games, but I'd have to agree. Need 4 Speed is great.

The absolute best game, however, is Gran Turismo. That game just rocks. But, it's only on PlayStation. You could get an emulator if you really want to play it.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

G

Grand Prix Legends is the best of all time. For a more recent sim i would say Nascar4.

www.onlineracing.net

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
NFS4 is one of the best... grand prix legends is not! a good toy style game where gamepley is amazing and realism is not is stunt gp... not quite a racer... but is centred around races with different sums of money for the numbers of stunts you do and the like on the jumps... as i said not realistic but unbelievably addictive...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
*UPDATE*
The best racing game of all time is now <i>Gran Turismo 3</i>!!!
No comparisons.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

hmg57

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
Looks like you've played it... I don't know why I am sitting here rather than in my car going to the store :smile:

How is it ? Best improvement ?

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair...

dpaige

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2001
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec! Nothing even comes close gameplay or graphically and I don't care what GeForce card you have!

Dpaige

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have done some programing for the Playstation 2, It's not all that, I did some car models for Gt3 and by far the pc is superior, I know because you haven't seen the upcoming Xbox racers that will be ported to the pc I've been working on. Taking advantage of the geforce 3's features. I'm sorry I just had to clear that up.

dpaige

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2001
Let me clean something up. Right now (July 14) Gran Turismo 3 is the best racing game ever made. Of course as time passes better looking racers will come out. But I doubt it will play half as well as GT3. This is the third in the series and the PC platform as had games that look better than the perivous versions of GT but none of them handled or had as much work put in them like GT does.

Dpaige

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I can't comment on gameplay only the models.

I've done so much,for so long,with so little,I'm now qualified to do anything,with nothing,forever!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
How is it ? Best improvement ?

Its so good that I can't even explain it!! You'll just have to play it for yourself!! You won't be disappointed!!!
Well, all I can tell you is take everything you loved in GT 1 & 2, kick it up about 10 notches, add more tracks, more cars, better graphics, fantastic control/handling--and you got yourself the best gameplaying racer to this date!!!

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ever try the Toyko Extreme Racer series. Its on the DC and the latest is on the PS2. Personally I prefer racers on consoles then on the comp. Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero(TERZ) on the PS2 is great. I have yet to play GT3, but I dont know how well it will compare to TERZ

Screw overclocking my comps got <font color=red>NOS</font color=red>! Point and click interface by Smith and Wesson