Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't Change User Picture After Upgrade

Last response: in Windows 7
December 21, 2009 12:43:53 AM

I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. I used the Easy Transfer program to migrate my files. I reinstalled some of my software before moving my user settings back onto the system.

I went in to change my User Account pictures and there is no option to save changes to either account. It shows the picture selection but no Save Changes button at the bottom of the window.

I'm back to hating Microsoft unless this is my user error. (and using Windows doesn't count as an error)

The upgrade has been working pretty well for Microsoft and I'm really pleased with the improved performance but get irritated by the little challenges.

Any suggestions?
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 21, 2009 12:50:04 AM

So if I'm following your question correctly, you're trying to change the image you see next to the entry for your user account when you log in? If so, the button is called Change Picture, not Save Changes.
m
l

Best solution

December 21, 2009 1:04:02 AM

^+1

Take note that you're now using Win7, not Vista. So expect some changes in how you deal with those things. I've had no problems changing my user account image in my Win7 installation.

BlueCat57 said:
unless this is my user error.

Most probably.
Related resources
January 26, 2010 12:47:44 PM

After using the systems for a couple of weeks I tried again and was able to do it. Gremlins.
m
l
January 26, 2010 12:48:06 PM

Best answer selected by BlueCat57.
m
l
!