Can I play this game?

Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2005 11:03:35 PM

I have an XP. I feel I meet most requirements except for the video card. I
don't know what kind of card I have, but my graphics card is an old 32MB
nVidia TNT2 M64, if that helps. If it doesn't, tell me where other than the
box the PC came in could I identify the video card. Thanks.

More about : play game

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 7, 2005 2:18:18 AM

GoodieGoodie via GamesKB.com writes:

> I have an XP. I feel I meet most requirements except for the video card. I
> don't know what kind of card I have, but my graphics card is an old 32MB
> nVidia TNT2 M64, if that helps. If it doesn't, tell me where other than the
> box the PC came in could I identify the video card. Thanks.

The game makes heavy use of 3-D video features; older cards may cause
the game to run very slowly. Electronic Arts does not specifically
name your card as being supported. There's a chance that it will
work, but with very poor performance (probably unacceptable
performance). Having a very fast CPU on your system can compensate
for this a little bit.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2005 3:57:37 AM

How fast are we talkin' here?

Mxsmanic wrote:
>> I have an XP. I feel I meet most requirements except for the video card. I
>> don't know what kind of card I have, but my graphics card is an old 32MB
>> nVidia TNT2 M64, if that helps. If it doesn't, tell me where other than the
>> box the PC came in could I identify the video card. Thanks.
>
>The game makes heavy use of 3-D video features; older cards may cause
>the game to run very slowly. Electronic Arts does not specifically
>name your card as being supported. There's a chance that it will
>work, but with very poor performance (probably unacceptable
>performance). Having a very fast CPU on your system can compensate
>for this a little bit.

a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2005 9:44:15 AM

GoodieGoodie via GamesKB.com writes:

> How fast are we talkin' here?

At least 2.0 GHz, according to Electronic Arts.

I've noticed, however, when upgrading to a newer machine, that a fast
video card made far more difference than a fast CPU. With a CPU twice
as fast and a much better video card, the game ran about ten times
faster, which implies that the game performance depends a lot more on
the speed of the video card than on the speed of the CPU.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2005 7:40:31 PM

My CPU is 1.6 GHz, so I guess I can't get this game?

Mxsmanic wrote:
>> How fast are we talkin' here?
>
>At least 2.0 GHz, according to Electronic Arts.
>
>I've noticed, however, when upgrading to a newer machine, that a fast
>video card made far more difference than a fast CPU. With a CPU twice
>as fast and a much better video card, the game ran about ten times
>faster, which implies that the game performance depends a lot more on
>the speed of the video card than on the speed of the CPU.

a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2005 10:35:34 PM

GoodieGoodie via GamesKB.com wrote:
> My CPU is 1.6 GHz, so I guess I can't get this game?

Unless you upgrade with a so-called T&L compatible graphic card. If so,
the graphic card makes a lot of the graphic calculations and you only
need a 800 Mhz CPU.

Best regards,
Boerge
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 11, 2005 1:37:05 AM

GoodieGoodie via GamesKB.com writes:

> My CPU is 1.6 GHz, so I guess I can't get this game?

Oh, you can certainly still play it! I used to have a 1.5 GHz CPU,
and the game was still enjoyable, it just didn't run as smoothly as it
would with a faster processor and a better video card.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2005 12:02:06 AM

Is a Tnt2 a Quadro? I'm pretty sure that's what I have. If it is, we can
probably get the game, right?

Dr. Richard Cranium wrote:
> [...]
>
> Supported video cards (and the more video memory the better):
>
> a.. ATI RadeonTM series (7000 or better)
> a.. Radeon 7000/VE series (non-T&L; requires 2.0 GHz processor)
> b.. 7200, 7500
> c.. 8500, All-In-Wonder 8500
> d.. 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
> e.. X300, X600, X800
>
> a.. Nvidia® QuadroTM series
> a.. Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4
>
> a.. Nvidia® Geforce series (GeForce2 and better)
> a.. GeForce2
> b.. GeForce3, 3 Ti
> c.. GeForce4, 4Ti, MX 420, 440
> d.. GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950
> e.. GeForce 6600, 6800
>
> a.. Intel® Extreme Graphics (non-T&L; requires 2.0 GHz processor)
> a.. 82845, 82865, 82915
>

> a.. http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
> b..
> c.. hope this helps,
> d.. ** No Fate **
>
> e.. cheers,
> dracman
> Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm
>
> f.. ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm
>
> g.. http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictu...
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1midas...
>
> h.. http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
>
> i.. ** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm
>
> j.. ** Tomb Raider 1 add on UB levels
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova
>
> k.. -=-=-
>
> l.. ** Final Fantasy Online mega ingame Pictures ! **
> ** for those whom wonder about "whats it like anyway huh"
>
> m.. http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionline/rikku/jibb/Jueno....
>
> n.. -=-=-
>
> o.. ** GTA III vice City Character MOD
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3
>
> p.. ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm
>
> q.. ** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles
>
> r.. ** World of Warcraft adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport Discovered
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html
>
> s..
> ============================== ** No Pili'kaia **
>
> t..
>

>>I have an XP. I feel I meet most requirements except for the video card. I
>> don't know what kind of card I have, but my graphics card is an old 32MB
>> nVidia TNT2 M64, if that helps. If it doesn't, tell me where other than the
>> box the PC came in could I identify the video card. Thanks

August 12, 2005 1:57:15 PM

> Is a Tnt2 a Quadro? I'm pretty sure that's what I have. If it is, we can
> probably get the game, right?

I still have a TNT2 in my oldest box (P3-700)--if I'm not mistaken, this was
one generation before Nvidia starting naming everything "GeForce
[something]".

I'm pretty sure I saw one being appraised a few weeks ago in an episode of
the Antiques Road Show. :-p
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2005 8:14:20 PM

To Dr. Cranium: How do I do that, and how much is this gonna cost me?
To Mr. Simpson: Last time I checked, Homer wasn't a computer geek. Oh! Burn!
8-P

Dr. Richard Cranium wrote:
>http://www.rage3d.com/
>
>http://www.omegadrivers.net/
>
>tweak up your TnT2 using these guys information and "omega" drivers, and you
>should be able play the game a little faster = smoother.
>i don't want to steer you wrong or get your hopes up about your PC system.
>Bottom line - even with the min specs Maxis says - the game just might not
>work on your system - even with the correct steps taken in a positive
>direction over shadowed with joyous thots and glee that this Sims 2 and the
>Night life will be a flash! to play.
>
>good luck !
>
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
>
>hope this helps,
>
>** No Fate **
>
>cheers,
>dracman
>Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm
>
>** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
>http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm
>
>http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictu...
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1midas...
>
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
>
>** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm
>
>** Tomb Raider 1 add on UB levels
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova
>
>-=-=-
>
>** Final Fantasy Online mega ingame Pictures ! **
>** for those whom wonder about "whats it like anyway huh"
>
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html
>http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionline/rikku/jibb/Jueno....
>
>-=-=-
>
>** GTA III vice City Character MOD
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3
>
>** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
>http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm
>
>** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
>http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles
>
>** World of Warcraft adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport
>Discovered
>http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html

a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2005 1:21:47 PM

> To Mr. Simpson: Last time I checked, Homer wasn't a computer geek. Oh!
> Burn!

I heard they had the internet on computers now.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2005 8:21:53 PM

with what you have it sounds like once you sim household fills with objects
the sim will slow down and move like a poor stop-action anmation,
Keep the house small (just a 2 bedroom) and that will allow you to run
program.
You can upgrade you video card to a radeon 9600 pro
it's a mid range card and works great. Just keep the household small.
For really big lots and I mean Really Big, with lots of sims
you'll need 3G or better CPU

!