Tunguska Secret Files PC Game Compatable for windows 7

dmickey55

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hello,
I just bought a new Sony Viao laptop running windows 7. I can install Tunguska Secret Files but game won't launch. I tried compatability wizzard, but still won't go. Is there any way to get it working?

illusio12

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Hi dmickey55, found this thread : http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/ [...] pq6P55KNnY

There is a vista patch ( may work for you??? ), but only for dvd apparently, still, worth a try.

Good luck and lets us know how you get on. :)

dmickey55

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

No, patch don't help. Almost all older games I have, which is litterally over 100 of them from before 2009 will not play in windows 7,even after adjusting compatablity. This really sucks, to get a new computer and now can't play all my favorite games. I only play adventure games such aslike Tungusta. I just hope they come out with some kind of ppatch or work around so I can play them. I wonder if I up grade from Home premium to Professional and then installed windows xp to dual boot, if that would help?? Would it be a true windows xp then?? Because they all played in xp.

dmickey55

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
No, patch don't help. Almost all older games I have, which is litterally over 100 of them from before 2009 will not play in windows 7,even after adjusting compatablity. This really sucks, to get a new computer and now can't play all my favorite games. I only play adventure games such aslike Tungusta. I just hope they come out with some kind of ppatch or work around so I can play them. I wonder if I up grade from Home premium to Professional and then installed windows xp to dual boot, if that would help?? Would it be a true windows xp then?? Because they all played in xp.

You really do NOT want to upgrade to Win7 Pro. That 'XP Mode' it has is mostly meant for business programs and isn't able to handle games well at all.

What you can do.....and it works good, and is easy to do is setup a dual boot option where you have the choice to boot up in Win7 or boot up in 'real' WinXP.

dmickey55

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
yes I am using 64 bit windows 7 with 8.0 gb ram Intel-core i7-2730 QM CPU@ 2.00ghz- 2.00 ghz . How are you doing it, is it because I bought a Sony Vaio, or don't that have anything to do with it?

dmickey55

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

This is what I meant when I said earlier was dual boot, but I read somewhere that you had to have windows7 professional in order to do a dual boot??

No, you need Windows 7 Pro to run a VM - virtual machine - that runs WinXP. Sometimes called XP mode.
It's not a 'dual boot' because the system is running Windows 7 and XP at the same time. Win7 Pro runs as normal and WinXP gets loaded up in a virtual machine. But for XP all the hardware gets virtualized too which is why games don't run well in that mode.

In a dual boot you choose. Win7 or WinXP, not both at the same time.

"It's the best of both worlds: The new Windows XP Mode lets you run older Windows XP business software right on your Windows 7 desktop.

Designed primarily with small- and medium-sized businesses in mind, Windows XP Mode comes as a separate download and works only with Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise. Windows XP Mode also requires virtualization software such as Windows Virtual PC. Both are available free on the Microsoft website.
"

dmickey55

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

Can I install windows xp onto an external hard drive? I have a 1.5T external hard drive I bought. Can I use it instead of using my internal C drive? or do I still need to make a partition on my C drive? Will it boot up in XP if I have the external drive pluged into my computer when it boots up? I don't know too much about how computers work so I'm just asking??

It would probably work out best on a new partition on the C: drive. It wouldn't need to be huge. 20GB plus what ever amount your games will take up when they're installed.

It IS possible to run XP on the external drive, it's just not ideal.
Is your 1.5TB HDD happen to be a USB 3.0 drive? I'm guessing the laptop also has USB 3.0.

dmickey55

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

Yes its USB 3.0 and so is my computer. If I use it, I wouldn'tinstall anything then to my computer itself then would I??Just to the External one? then how would I boot up to it after I install windows xp

You'd install WinXP on the external drive while it's attached to the laptop.
You'd want a partition there as well for XP.

The process is really no different from that shown in the guide above.
The external disk just hows up as an 'extra' hard drive.

dmickey55

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

Thanks for the help, maybe I'll try it I'm just afraid of messing up my new computer, thats why I thought of using the external drive, as long as I don't have my external drive plugged in, it won't mess anything up on my new computer will it? or will it still change things on it too? I don't know if I have the guts to do this all myself :pt1cable:
By the way, I forgot to say, some of the games will play but the cut scenes won't play, so I don't know what happened in the game without seeing them. Is that the sames reasons for this also?

Can't say for sure about the cut scenes. Could be something different.

There are some minor changes to the bootloader but it's really pretty straight forward.
Look over that guide till you feel comfortable with it. Plug in the external while you're looking at your Disk Management utility program.

Here is my multi-boot start screen:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us