Dual monitor was working now its not no signal

jcballah76

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
so i had dual monitor working for over 2 years

q6600 3.2ghz (overclocked stable)
280 gtx nvidia evga

samsung synmaster 206bw , polyview pt-725A monitors

my bro-in-law came over and messed with my monitors and switched the cables but my dual monitor still worked.
Recently i tried to switch them back in the correct order and then all hell broke lose. both monitors computer starts up and you can see the startup shows the memory test, logo , etc it gets to window startup then both monitor goes blank and loses signal. i've tried safe mode delete driver reinstall drive, bios turn off onboard vga, and taking out ram and video card blowing dust off putting them back in.
WHAT IS GOING ON???? did i blow my video card?? i mean i can see the startup??

please email me joechung76@hotmail.com

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
Did you try switching the cables to your bro's config?
What are the cables exactly? HDMI? DVI? VGA?
What monitors are there?
DVI might be used before VGA, so if 1 monitor (monitor A) uses VGA & monitor B uses DVI then it will output to monitor B after windows & the driver loads.

I don't see how you can kill the GTX 280, it might have died on its own.

jcballah

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
i've tried with one monitor and it still would not work pass the startup part. My cables for samsung is hdmi and polyview is dvi. I ended up just reformatting and i guess it fixed it. I installed new drivers for my motherboard maybe that was the problem? i am not sure but all is well now but had to go through the painful process of reformatting and losing everything because i couldnt get into windows to backup all my stuff.