Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Hey I also could unlock my CPU from a dual core to a quad. Here's my questions

what's your stable speed at quad?
What's your CPU vcore at?
Do I need to change my CPU NB voltage?
Did you change your CPU nb voltage?
Is it safe to change it?

Anyone using this mobo gigabyte Ma790x-ud4p?
What are your settings?
What are you using to monitor your temps? Because none my of programs work not even able to pick up the socket temp=\

Thank you.

gkorjax

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Hi,

I've unlocked my 550 to a quad core and have it running constantly at 3.43 ghz. I've not tried it any higher, was just wanting it near the stock 965 speed.
I've changed nothing but bumped my vcore voltage up to the normal stock value of 1.35 volts (before, I was undervolting mine)
My motherboard is an ma790xt-ud4p

I think it is safe to change it.

All I did was change the multiplier, so now its at 17.
When I am in Windows I monitor my temps via Hardware monitor from cpuid, and speed fan...both seem to give the same temps.

As far as I know one cannot get individual core data when you unlock your cores. To get a good grasp at what my temps are what I did was a gambit of testing and monitoring, (and recording) of temps in dual core mode with these programs at various overclocks, with various program running and additionally with prime95 testing. The reason I did this is to get the relationship between the sensor that is near the cores, for me I think it is TMPIN1, (the second sensor) and the core temperatures, which ARE given in dual core mode. From a battery of tests , my data showed a difference of about 12 degrees C between TMPIN1 and the core temp readings. After I got this correlation, i then overclocked and unlocked my cores and ran Prime95 for 4 hours to ensure stability.

I am currently running Fedora (as I write this) , a linux distribution. To monitor my temps here I use an applet program called GKrellm. The three temperatures it reports match those given by speedfan and/or hardware monitor while I am running windows.

For my machine , with a coolermaster hyper 212+ heat sink, and my case, cooler master 690 II advanced, under Prime 95 stress testing, my TMPIN1 temp never got above 47 degrees, which, according to my data, gives me a core temperature of about 35 degrees or so.

Let me know If I can answer any more questions.

vvilliamm

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
hmm thank you i was trying to push my set up to x4 3.6ghz at 1.41v

my current setup is x2 3.6ghz temperature right now is around 26c (77f)
TMPIN0 31c TMPIN1 35c TMPIN2 35c so i guess im around 10c difference as well

whats a good avg temp? <50?