el conquistador

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
I'm looking at buying a mobo/memory combo from newegg and I noticed on the mem's website (OCZ) that the mobo isn't listed as a supported mobo. Would newegg really package a mobo and memory that wasn't compatible?

Solution

Yes and it wouldn't be the first time either.
But i wouldn't be too worried since mobo and memory maker QVL list are very subjective.
As long as the combo isn't an AMD board and low voltage ram like 1.35v you should be alright.
There's just too much ram on the market for motherboard manufacturers to test every kit available.
It would be good if you linked the combo so members could evaluate the situation accurately.

Yes and it wouldn't be the first time either.
But i wouldn't be too worried since mobo and memory maker QVL list are very subjective.
As long as the combo isn't an AMD board and low voltage ram like 1.35v you should be alright.
There's just too much ram on the market for motherboard manufacturers to test every kit available.
It would be good if you linked the combo so members could evaluate the situation accurately.

Solution

el conquistador

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010

Much appreciated. I was just doing some general shopping at the time so I was running into the scenario a few times. I ended up buying the ASUS 785G board with a g.skill mem kit. It's up and running and I feel I have a fantastic computer for $416. Now if I can just keep my wife out of the house so I can get some quality time with the new rig.....

Thanks again.