  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 10, 2005 7:50:36 PM

This is probably a stupid question but once you have downloaded an item from
a web site how do you get it on to your sims game.

More about : downloads

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 6:41:55 AM

Jessica Weber wrote:
> This is probably a stupid question but once you have downloaded an
> item from a web site how do you get it on to your sims game.

You unzip it to your dowlnoads folder.

Gareeth
August 11, 2005 7:11:29 PM

that is the downloads folder within the game... not your computers downloads
folder :)

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
> Jessica Weber wrote:
>> This is probably a stupid question but once you have downloaded an
>> item from a web site how do you get it on to your sims game.
>
> You unzip it to your dowlnoads folder.
>
> Gareeth

Related resources
August 11, 2005 7:14:30 PM

What I actually do is to unzip them all into a folder I have created which I
call 'jo's sims' and I check them there using the clean installer before
copying them into my game. It is also from there that I double click on the
sims2pack files which you need to do to install them. The package files can
just be cut and pasted into the EA games downloads folder. I also make back
up copies of them from this location... I'm so glad I did as I decided this
machine just wasn't fast enough or graphically competent for my liking, so I
moved it all on to another computer directly from my backups :)

"Jessica Weber" <jweber@longlines.com> wrote in message
> This is probably a stupid question but once you have downloaded an item
> from a web site how do you get it on to your sims game.

August 11, 2005 7:14:31 PM

"jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> schreef in bericht
> What I actually do is to unzip them all into a folder I have created which
> I call 'jo's sims' and I check them there using the clean installer before
> copying them into my game.

What is a clean installer? Came that with the game?

> It is also from there that I double click on the sims2pack files which
> you need to do to install them. The package files can just be cut and
> pasted into the EA games downloads folder. I also make back up copies of
> them from this location... I'm so glad I did as I decided this machine
> just wasn't fast enough or graphically competent for my liking, so I moved
> it all on to another computer directly from my backups :)
>
> ~ jo
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
> "Jessica Weber" <jweber@longlines.com> wrote in message
>> This is probably a stupid question but once you have downloaded an item
>> from a web site how do you get it on to your sims game.

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 7:14:32 PM

No it's a fan-made tool - very, very useful:

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

"..22.." <email@request.rr> wrote in message

> What is a clean installer? Came that with the game?

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 8:16:03 PM

save the download to a folder first (then when your fold is full of download
burn a disc)
Unzip it into My Documents/ EA games/ Sim2? downloads.

by saving it to a seperate folder first you have it to download again the
next time you (that's if your HD crashes or you have to format you HD over
again)
And remember to run Sim2Pack Clean Installer (it'll check of any conflicts)

!