Thermalatake Water 2.0 Pro Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodyredcoat

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hey helpful TH community,

I had been running Prime95 to locate the lowest stable voltage for an AMD FX-4170 (4.2 GHz stock). I settled on VCore 1.284V. The CPU temps I recorded were always around 45 centigrade under load. I just replaced my Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo with a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro and started running Prime95 [same voltages and conditions as before (i.e. same fan profile)]. To my chagrin, the CPU temps registering on the sensor were the same! Worse, the idle CPU temps with water are higher than with air (about 32 as opposed to 29 centigrade). Am I crazy for thinking something's not quite right? If I am, maybe I'm an elephant. If I'm not, any ideas as to what's up? Are these two cooling systems comparable?

Side note: During the writing of this post, I actually found a forum posting saying that someone experienced a drop of 9 centigrade (idle) and 5 centigrade (load) switching from air to water, so I almost wish I WAS an elephant.

Any way you can help me not be an elephant would be greatly appreciated.

In advance, here's some thanks,
Cheers

zazzn

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
any result?

I'm trying to decide what to replace my Ultra 120 with... I have a 2600k and get HORRIBLE results like 87C on some cores at stock voltage at 4.4 GHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.