Case Mod Project: "BIG-BANG" FUZION

MonsterMawd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion.banner.jpg

MSI will be using this PC for demonstrating their new Big-Bang Fuzion Motherboard at trade shows this year.

My canvas will be NZXT Adamas aluminum mid-tower case. Currently at Newegg for $169.99

Motherboard Compatibility ATX, Micro-ATX
External 5.25" Drive Bays 4
External 3.5" Drive Bays 1
Internal 3.5" Drive Bays 5
Expansion Slots 7
Front Ports 2 x USB2.0, 2 x Audio, 1 x IEEE1394
Ac'97 and Intel HD audio support for 5.1 and 7.1 audio
Dimensions (L x W x H) 19.29" x 7.48" x 17.13"
Extra reinforced structure using welding technology
3mm top and bottom aluminum frame
2mm aluminum construction
Patented screw-less side and front panel removal mechanism four included 120 mm ultra silent fans

Before we get to moddin this case, let's take a brief tour. If you hate flimsy cases, you'll like the Adamas, it's 100% aluminum mid-tower is remarkably sturdy. NZXT incorporated a lot of extruded aluminum into it's design. The bottom and top panels are extruded aluminum that look very stylish. The structure of the case except for the bezel and side panels is entirely welded together.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion1.jpg

NZXT includes 4x 120mm NZXT factory fans pre-installed in the Adamas.

1x front intake.
1x rear exhaust.
2x access panel.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion2.jpg

The exterior finish is Matte Black powdercoat.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion3.jpg

Extruded aluminum top panel is stylish. It's welded onto the chassis.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion4.jpg

Front Ports 2 x USB2.0, 2 x Audio, 1 x IEEE1394. Ac'97 and Intel HD audio support for 5.1 and 7.1 audio

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion5.jpg

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion6.jpg

NZXT At the top we have four 5.25" drive bays, with the top bay being used as a stealth drive cover for your optical drive

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion7.jpg

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion8.jpg

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9.jpg

The chassis frame consists of "L" shaped aluminum that is welded and powder coated Black. I will be removing the HD cage to accommodate larger video cards
The Adamas has been on the market since Oct 2006, back when video cards were much shorter.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9a.jpg

Both side panels have unique spring loaded release latches. These work really nicely for quick access.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9b.jpg

The case feet are threaded into the chassis and incorporate Black rubber on the bottom.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9c.jpg

The quick-release bezel is slick. The intake grill is made from extruded aluminum. It can be removed as well.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9d.jpg

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9e.jpg

After "quickly" removing the bezel, you can access the front filter.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9f.jpg

To help dampen vibration, NZXT inserted rubber strips into the 5.25 optical drive bay slots.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9g.jpg

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9h.jpg

I like seeing the switches and led lights fastened into the bezel and not glued!

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9i.jpg

The floor of the extruded aluminum optical bay slides out after removing 2, screws.

The first step in creating my FUZION theme PC is giving the Adamas a new exterior. Both side panels will show MSI's logo graphic of the exploded fragments. This design will be made 3D, by milling it into new panels that will start from 1/4" thick aluminum.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9k.jpg

The right side edges of the exploded fragment will be slotted openings, so they can be illuminated from behind. This will create a shadow-like effect onto the design.

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9j.jpg

1nzxt.adamas.msi.fuzion9l.jpg

AMW1011

Distinguished
It should fit a Kingwin XT-1264 is about 6" tall which is a good cooler that isn't quite as tall as some. It is almost as good as a Xigmatek HDT-s1284, which is a perfectly good cooler.

It is anything under 7" in width that bothers me.

poorya_user

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
simply you are right about the weigh but about the stability ... actually I am in the middle of a project.inventing 100% copper case.I think it is the first one.I know that the copper is so soft.I just have stability in this case with 1mm leaf.I have to mention that it cost me more than 200$ till now(70% progress)

AMW1011

Distinguished

stability is a concern, cases tend to be abused a bit as per their job, otherwise no one would bother with a closed case.