Panasonic Showstopper and Universal Remote

Jusdt bought an "All-for One" Universal Remote Model #8811, expecting it
to be able to control my Panasonic Showstopper. I've gotten it
programmed to control my TV, cable box, DVD player and Audio receiver,
but haven't gotten it to work with the Showstopper.

The website says that ther emote needs to be upgraded to do so, but I'm
hoping that it's simply a matter of knowing the correct code.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about panasonic showstopper universal remote

    BRH wrote:
    > The website says that ther emote needs to be upgraded to do so, but I'm
    > hoping that it's simply a matter of knowing the correct code.

    Try 616.

    Or if really adventurous get/make a JP1 cable and do it
    that way.
    --
    Bill Cochell (lose the _TUDE_ to reply directly)

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
    that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the
    bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds
    in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." --Mark Twain

    BRH wrote:

    > Jusdt bought an "All-for One" Universal Remote Model #8811, expecting it
    > to be able to control my Panasonic Showstopper. I've gotten it
    > programmed to control my TV, cable box, DVD player and Audio receiver,
    > but haven't gotten it to work with the Showstopper.
    >
    > The website says that ther emote needs to be upgraded to do so, but I'm
    > hoping that it's simply a matter of knowing the correct code.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out with this?
    >
    > Thanks!

    That remote is very popular with Replayers, are you looking under
    "replaytv" for the code or trying to find "showstopper". I believe the
    code for the Radio Shack version of that remote is 0616 or 0614.

    Thanks for those codes. I tried both and neither worked. 8(

    I've tried searching under "RePlayTV"; "RePlayTV SonicBlue";
    "Panasonic" and "Panasonic RePlayTV" at the webnsite. The website lists
    no codes for any of these, and instructs the user to call a phone number
    for an "upgrade". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but with the
    Holiday and weekend here, I probably have to wait until Monday to call.

    Thanks again.

    Tony D wrote:
    > BRH wrote:
    >
    >> Jusdt bought an "All-for One" Universal Remote Model #8811, expecting
    >> it to be able to control my Panasonic Showstopper. I've gotten it
    >> programmed to control my TV, cable box, DVD player and Audio receiver,
    >> but haven't gotten it to work with the Showstopper.
    >>
    >> The website says that ther emote needs to be upgraded to do so, but
    >> I'm hoping that it's simply a matter of knowing the correct code.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me out with this?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    > That remote is very popular with Replayers, are you looking under
    > "replaytv" for the code or trying to find "showstopper". I believe the
    > code for the Radio Shack version of that remote is 0616 or 0614.

    Thanks for the code. Unfortunately it didn't work.

    If I were really that adventurous, I wouldn't have bought a remote that
    I thought would work with the unit. 8-)

    Bill Cochell wrote:

    > BRH wrote:
    >
    >> The website says that ther emote needs to be upgraded to do so, but
    >> I'm hoping that it's simply a matter of knowing the correct code.
    >

    > Try 616.
    >
    > Or if really adventurous get/make a JP1 cable and do it
    > that way.

    That means you're out of luck.

    I think you can send it to them (one for all) and they will add the codes
    for you for free, but you have to pay for shipping to them.

    <BRH> wrote in message news:9sadnYEF8sFG1UrcRVn-ow@comcast.com...
    > Thanks for those codes. I tried both and neither worked. 8(
    >
    > I've tried searching under "RePlayTV"; "RePlayTV SonicBlue";
    > "Panasonic" and "Panasonic RePlayTV" at the webnsite. The website lists
    > no codes for any of these, and instructs the user to call a phone number
    > for an "upgrade". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but with the
    > Holiday and weekend here, I probably have to wait until Monday to call.
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >

    > Tony D wrote:
    > > BRH wrote:
    > >
    > >> Jusdt bought an "All-for One" Universal Remote Model #8811, expecting
    > >> it to be able to control my Panasonic Showstopper. I've gotten it
    > >> programmed to control my TV, cable box, DVD player and Audio receiver,
    > >> but haven't gotten it to work with the Showstopper.
    > >>
    > >> The website says that ther emote needs to be upgraded to do so, but
    > >> I'm hoping that it's simply a matter of knowing the correct code.
    > >>
    > >> Can anyone help me out with this?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks!
    > >>
    > > That remote is very popular with Replayers, are you looking under
    > > "replaytv" for the code or trying to find "showstopper". I believe the
    > > code for the Radio Shack version of that remote is 0616 or 0614.

    As it turned out, 0616 DID work. I just had to select "VCR" as a
    device. (I was selecting "Aux"). Unfortunately, some commands aren't
    directly supported, such as Instant Replay and QuickSkip.

    I'm trying to have the remote "learn" these commands from the Panasonic
    remote, but have been unsuccessful so far, even though I'm following the
    instructions exactly.

    Any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

    Thanks again.

    Tony D wrote:
    > BRH wrote:
    >
    >> Jusdt bought an "All-for One" Universal Remote Model #8811, expecting
    >> it to be able to control my Panasonic Showstopper. I've gotten it
    >> programmed to control my TV, cable box, DVD player and Audio receiver,
    >> but haven't gotten it to work with the Showstopper.
    >>
    >> The website says that ther emote needs to be upgraded to do so, but
    >> I'm hoping that it's simply a matter of knowing the correct code.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me out with this?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    > That remote is very popular with Replayers, are you looking under
    > "replaytv" for the code or trying to find "showstopper". I believe the
    > code for the Radio Shack version of that remote is 0616 or 0614.

    OK. Figured that out too. The procedure in the documentation was
    wrong, but I got the solution from a Customer Review on Amazon.com, of
    all places.

    BRH wrote:
    > As it turned out, 0616 DID work. I just had to select "VCR" as a
    > device. (I was selecting "Aux"). Unfortunately, some commands aren't
    > directly supported, such as Instant Replay and QuickSkip.
    >
    > I'm trying to have the remote "learn" these commands from the Panasonic
    > remote, but have been unsuccessful so far, even though I'm following the
    > instructions exactly.
    >
    > Any tips on what I might be doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >

    > Tony D wrote:
    >
    >> BRH wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jusdt bought an "All-for One" Universal Remote Model #8811, expecting
    >>> it to be able to control my Panasonic Showstopper. I've gotten it
    >>> programmed to control my TV, cable box, DVD player and Audio
    >>> receiver, but haven't gotten it to work with the Showstopper.
    >>>
    >>> The website says that ther emote needs to be upgraded to do so, but
    >>> I'm hoping that it's simply a matter of knowing the correct code.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me out with this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >> That remote is very popular with Replayers, are you looking under
    >> "replaytv" for the code or trying to find "showstopper". I believe the
    >> code for the Radio Shack version of that remote is 0616 or 0614.

ReplayTV Panasonic Home Theatre