• Graphics Cards
  • Sapphire
  • MSI
  • Power
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
September 12, 2012 11:46:39 AM

Hello friends..

Am from India, Calcutta to be precise.. Am building a new PC for gaming and the card I can find the best in my budget is the 7850. Now the question am stuck at is which 7850 to opt for.

The cards am finding in my budget are:

1) Sapphire HD 7850 2GB DDR5 Clocked at 860.
2) MSI Twin Frozr III OC 2GB DDR5 Power Edition Factory Overclocked to 900

Majority of my friends have the Sapphire nonOCed card which they say is a beast and can eventually be overclocked manually and they run the card at 920.
On the other hand the MSI Card is at the stage of "Pre-Order" here and thus I don't know much people here to have it.

I would like to ask your opinion friends so that I can eventually gift myself the best of the best product among these two..

1) Can the Sapphire 7850 non OCed card be manually overclocked to achieve higher performance results ?
2) What does it exactly mean when it says Power Edition ? Is the MSI Better than the Sapphire on any aspect ?

Thanks a lot in advance friends ..
Regards

More about : msi twin frozr iii r7850 power edition sapphire 7850

September 12, 2012 12:18:06 PM

Sapphire can be overclocked manually with EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner and is quite easy so no need to buy an overclocked version.

The only difference that you will notice are it's fans and not much

Here is a review of 5 7970 the difference you will see between vendors will be almost the same as the difference between their 7850

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-over...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2012 6:34:07 AM

MSI model. Twin Frozr fans are the best for cooling. Power edition means it is overclocked by 100MHz for more power out of the box.
m
l
Related resources
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
September 13, 2012 6:37:16 AM

MSI because it has a better cooler, more power phases, better quality components!
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2012 6:45:43 AM

the twin frozr has the better bunch of msis coolers most likely. coming from a guy who uses the revision 1 sapphire card.
m
l
September 13, 2012 6:46:57 AM

MSI has unlocked voltage so even that the Sapphire can be overclocked to 900MHz like the MSI card, the MSI card can be overclocked even farther than the Sapphire ever could because of the components used in the card itself.

And the MSI Twin Frozr cooling design is among the best out there.
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2012 6:52:28 AM

echondo said:
MSI has unlocked voltage so even that the Sapphire can be overclocked to 900MHz like the MSI card, the MSI card can be overclocked even farther than the Sapphire ever could because of the components used in the card itself.

And the MSI Twin Frozr cooling design is among the best out there.

amd cards normally only have a cap. its only heavy enthusiasts who need to push past the cap, as the cards already heavily overclock on stock voltage already
m
l
September 20, 2012 9:41:44 AM

dudewitbow said:
the twin frozr has the better bunch of msis coolers most likely. coming from a guy who uses the revision 1 sapphire card.

Thanks for your reply.. I think you are using core i3 2120 with a sapphire 7850 .. i am very much keen to know the performance output at 1366X768 as well as full HD i.e. 1080p resolutions.. Depending on your review and experience on your combo, i can possibly get rid of my confusion of choosing i3 2120 or an i5 non-OC processor.. :) 

Warm Regards...
m
l
September 20, 2012 9:47:38 AM

Thanks a lot guys... Am sure your replies are truly going to help me choose the right weapon for myself.. :) 

I was wondering whether an i3 2120 will be just fine with this awesome 7850 card or it is better to get an i5 ..
Friends say that the forthcoming games will be a bit more 4 core seeking and it would be great if i get the i5 .. Is that so ..? I mean if i have the core i3 2120 i will be having 2 hyperthreads + 2 cores.. Will that be of any good coping up the requirements of the forthcoming titles ?? I dont want my card to get bottlenecked neither i want to push it over the edge with too much Overclocking..

Thanks in advance..
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
September 20, 2012 3:03:25 PM

Good enough.
m
l
July 29, 2013 12:16:59 PM

i have the sapphire. 1050 core 1365 mem. never breaks 70ish on any game after long sessions. the fans on the sapphire are excellent. can only go by my experience so take it for what it is

eh necro psot, i really should pay more attn
m
l
!