Sign in with
Your question

Fan config question

Last response: in Overclocking
September 12, 2012 2:22:16 PM

I wanna get the H80 which you can plug 4 fans into. I'm assuming the H80 would then dynamically control the fans. But I also wanna get the NZXT Sentry 2. I don't even care if I hook any fans up to it or not, it looks awesome! And I'm guessing you would statically set the fans through the Sentry 2 interface. Never had a fan controller.

Can someone confirm that this is true and what my best option would be?

I have an Antec 300, my fan setup is going to be 2 Apevia 64 CFM multicolor LEDs for the front, H80 for the rear, and XIGMATEK XAF-F1452 for the top. Not sure if i wanna do the XIGMATEK 120 mm white LED as intake for the side too. Its up in the air right now.

Let me know what you guys think I should do. Thanks!

More about : fan config question

a c 138 K Overclocking
September 12, 2012 5:02:10 PM

If your refering to the Corsair H80 then you can only attach two 120mm fans to it since the radiator is only that size. The Corsair H100 is a 240mm radiator and you can attach four 120mm fans to it.
The NZXT Sentry 2 looks like a good fan controller and I'm sure you'll get some benefit from hooking fans up to it. The controller has temperature wire leads that you can attach to certian parts so you can see what the temps are. The video card , the ram and the cpu are some of the parts for example that you can attach the temp leads to and monitor the temps.
I would put a fan in the side panel bexause that fan will blow directly onto the motherboard and help cool all the parts directly attached , ram , video card , the cpu and the motherboard itself.
m
l
!