Finally: Phenom II X2 550 BE @ 4GHz

GenXer

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
It's been an exciting journey and I have to thank all of the good people here at THG for their help, advise and encouragement. I built my first system almost 2yrs ago and now I am on my fifth rig. Thank you for your patients. This might seem trivial to some but it is a milestone in my world. 4GHz is as high as I am comfortably willing to go on air. Also, is there a 4GHz Club here I can join? Here's my validation.

GenXer

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Yea, I don't know why so high to get to 4GHz. I will make some adjustments and try to find a better voltage. I won't leave it at 1.6v. Normally, it runs at 3.6GHz, 1.376v. I have to really crank the voltage when I adjust the Bus Speed as well.

GenXer

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
How is that possible? My CPU Vcore is 1.368v on Auto. If I go up to 3.8Ghz my voltage has to be set at 1.411v to be stable. I have tried adjusting the CPU-NB-Voltage as well. No help. I use Microsoft Security Essentials and it doesn't work right when the frequency/voltage's are not right. Strange I know, but it works perfectly when they are in Sinc.

Also, how did you get your CPU sig into your post?