Computer Management: The network path was not found

This used to work, but....

I can no longer use all of the "Computer Management" tools against a remote
computer. "Local Users and Groups", "Event Viewer", "Performance Logs and
Alerts" and "Device Manager" all return a similar error:

Unable to access the computer <COMPUTERNAME>. The error was: The network
path was not found.

However, other "Computer Management" tools DO work... "Shared Folders",
"Services and Applications". Also, I can successfully ping the remote
computer; I can open both "regular" and "admin" (C$) shares; I get a correct
response from NSLOOKUP.

To complicate matters even more, I CAN manage other computers, just not this
one. Meanwhile, I CAN manage this one from other clients.

All are connected to the same domain; I am Admin on all; all are using the
same DHCP server and are on the same subnet.

Any thoughts?
3 answers Last reply
More about computer management network path found

    "ethan" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > This used to work, but....
    >
    > I can no longer use all of the "Computer Management" tools against a
    > remote
    > computer. "Local Users and Groups", "Event Viewer", "Performance Logs and
    > Alerts" and "Device Manager" all return a similar error:
    >
    > Unable to access the computer <COMPUTERNAME>. The error was: The network
    > path was not found.
    >
    > However, other "Computer Management" tools DO work... "Shared Folders",
    > "Services and Applications". Also, I can successfully ping the remote
    > computer; I can open both "regular" and "admin" (C$) shares; I get a
    > correct
    > response from NSLOOKUP.
    >
    > To complicate matters even more, I CAN manage other computers, just not
    > this
    > one. Meanwhile, I CAN manage this one from other clients.
    >
    > All are connected to the same domain; I am Admin on all; all are using the
    > same DHCP server and are on the same subnet.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    Remote management is disabled.

    "Interrogative" <If@you.dont.ask.nicely.no> wrote in message

    > Remote management is disabled.

    Unfortunately, it's not that easy... I can use other clients to manage this
    particular server. It's only this one client that cannot manage this one
    server; all other machines can be used to manage each other.

    Make sure the Remote Registry Service is running on the computer you
    want to remotely manage.

    ethan wrote:
    > "Interrogative" <If@you.dont.ask.nicely.no> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Remote management is disabled.
    > >

    > Unfortunately, it's not that easy... I can use other clients to
    manage this
    > particular server. It's only this one client that cannot manage this
    one
    > server; all other machines can be used to manage each other.

Configuration Computers Management Windows XP