H80 inside Storm Sniper - Bottom Intake

fafalepro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I was looking at getting a H80 but found out it's much more effective if you set it as an intake. Considering I'd have to lose the rear exhaust doing that and that I'm not sure only the top 240mm fan as an exhaust is sufficient, I was wondering if it was possible to put the H80 at the bottom of the Storm Sniper (where you can put either a 140mm or 120mm fan).

My concerns are mostly the length of the water cables and also the fact that I'd have a radiator at the bottom of my case pushing hot air which could mess airflow.

fafalepro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Most sources reveal that it's better as an intake and the logic behind that is simply that the coldest air (which comes from outside your case) will be going through your radiator first.

nna2

Distinguished
really depends on what your system, if you have a really hot running GPU that blows all it's air into the case it will suffer temp wise in an exhaust setup (so would air cooling too)

if you don't have anything that puts too much heat into the case it shouldn't really matter

fafalepro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Well the only other part that produces much heat in my case is my EVGA GTX 580.

I guess I'll buy the H80 and try to see if it fits in the bottom. Otherwise I'll just set it as a rear exhaust (most sources saw variations of 3-5 more degrees as an exhaust but I can live with that).