Gigabyte service

grarcher

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Gigabyte seem to be asleep It has been over a week now and not a single reply to three posted problems is this normal?.

There seems to be a dearth of information about their drivers and if the CD does not load it seems immpossible to contact Gigabyte.
The download web site consistently reports error and IE 8 will not run on iot so haw can you get help or latest driver download?

Is there any way to see what drivers are loaded and ifthey are correct I am mostly interested on teh chipset driver which keeps stopping with an error when tryoing to load either from Gigabyte CD or from Itel. for the GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard.

grarcher

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Rev 1.0 and Xp pro 32 bit
I had to run a recovery rebuild on the original Hdd from my old board so I could retain the data and program installs.

bilbat

Splendid
This should be your chipset installer for Xp32...

I don't want to be a depressant, but my experience, both in my workshop and helping here at Tom's, has been about a 50% success rate with repair installs actually working out. I am actually kind of pondering a similar problem for a system I'm fixing for someone - I'm torn between attempting a repair install on a different machine of his original Xp with all his financials, or using a fresh install, and then doing the dirty work or moving his old stuff... May wind up cloning the drive, trying the repair on the clone, so I have a fall-back position in case it goes into the toilet [:isamuelson:8]

grarcher

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I get the same error about three lines down on teh actual install when installing an ATA driver.
It says an unknown error has occured with a red round button and an X on it plust the word stop.

That is where I am now stuck
It seems to load the first two parts .

Found this at bottom of intel log file.

[InstallApp]
Wait for event was signaled propertly.
Create dir "C:\Program Files\Intel\InfInst"
Copy from "C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\Lang\CHIP\ENU\license.txt" to "C:\Program Files\Intel\InfInst\license.txt"
Copy from "C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\readme.txt" to "C:\Program Files\Intel\InfInst\readme.txt"
Opened C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\IIF2.ini
[Filter INI Conditions]
[CopyDir]
[CopyFiles]
New Uninstall Key = copyfile0
Copy File Source = C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\CSVer.dll
Copy File Destination = C:\WINDOWS\system32\CSVer.dll
[Registry]
New Uninstall Key = registry0
Create SZ Key = HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\Infinst\Language=ENU,sz
[DLLs]
[Services]
[Processes]
[Shortcuts]
[Update reference count]
Old reference count = 0
New reference count = 1
[InstallDev]
[Device]
Driver = C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\All\ibexide.inf
INF = C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\All\ibexide.inf
Installed INF = C:\WINDOWS\inf\mshdc.inf
Previous driver package =
! Warning 0xE0000302: DriverPackageGetPath failed.
Difx = 32 bit
[Difx Log]
0x0: ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
0x6E: Create Driver Store entry failed.
0x0: RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x52)
0x0: ENTER: DriverPackageGetPathW
0xE0000302: No driver store entry for C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\All\ibexide.inf found.
0x0: RETURN: DriverPackageGetPathW (0xE0000302)
DriverPackageGetPath Success (.)
!!! ERROR 0x52: DriverPackageInstall generated an unexpected error
[ResponseResult]
ResultCode = 82
<<< 8/23/2010 23:48:20:328