Gigabyte service

Gigabyte seem to be asleep It has been over a week now and not a single reply to three posted problems is this normal?.

There seems to be a dearth of information about their drivers and if the CD does not load it seems immpossible to contact Gigabyte.
The download web site consistently reports error and IE 8 will not run on iot so haw can you get help or latest driver download?

Is there any way to see what drivers are loaded and ifthey are correct I am mostly interested on teh chipset driver which keeps stopping with an error when tryoing to load either from Gigabyte CD or from Itel. for the GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard.
4 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte service
  1. If you'd list your board rev level (1.0 or 2.0) and your operating system, we'd be better able to help...
  2. Rev 1.0 and Xp pro 32 bit
    I had to run a recovery rebuild on the original Hdd from my old board so I could retain the data and program installs.
  3. This should be your chipset installer for Xp32...

I don't want to be a depressant, but my experience, both in my workshop and helping here at Tom's, has been about a 50% success rate with repair installs actually working out. I am actually kind of pondering a similar problem for a system I'm fixing for someone - I'm torn between attempting a repair install on a different machine of his original Xp with all his financials, or using a fresh install, and then doing the dirty work or moving his old stuff... May wind up cloning the drive, trying the repair on the clone, so I have a fall-back position in case it goes into the toilet [:isamuelson:8]
  4. I get the same error about three lines down on teh actual install when installing an ATA driver.
    It says an unknown error has occured with a red round button and an X on it plust the word stop.

That is where I am now stuck
    It seems to load the first two parts .

Found this at bottom of intel log file.

[InstallApp]
    Wait for event was signaled propertly.
    Create dir "C:\Program Files\Intel\InfInst"
    Copy from "C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\Lang\CHIP\ENU\license.txt" to "C:\Program Files\Intel\InfInst\license.txt"
    Copy from "C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\readme.txt" to "C:\Program Files\Intel\InfInst\readme.txt"
    Opened C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\IIF2.ini
    [Filter INI Conditions]
    [CopyDir]
    [CopyFiles]
    New Uninstall Key = copyfile0
    Copy File Source = C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\CSVer.dll
    Copy File Destination = C:\WINDOWS\system32\CSVer.dll
    [Registry]
    New Uninstall Key = registry0
    Create SZ Key = HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\Infinst\Language=ENU,sz
    [DLLs]
    [Services]
    [Processes]
    [Shortcuts]
    [Update reference count]
    Old reference count = 0
    New reference count = 1
    [InstallDev]
    [Device]
    Driver = C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\All\ibexide.inf
    INF = C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\All\ibexide.inf
    Installed INF = C:\WINDOWS\inf\mshdc.inf
    Previous driver package =
    ! Warning 0xE0000302: DriverPackageGetPath failed.
    Difx = 32 bit
    [Difx Log]
    0x0: ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
    0x6E: Create Driver Store entry failed.
    0x0: RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x52)
    0x0: ENTER: DriverPackageGetPathW
    0xE0000302: No driver store entry for C:\Temp1\INFUpdate\All\ibexide.inf found.
    0x0: RETURN: DriverPackageGetPathW (0xE0000302)
    DriverPackageGetPath Success (.)
    !!! ERROR 0x52: DriverPackageInstall generated an unexpected error
    [ResponseResult]
    ResultCode = 82
    <<< 8/23/2010 23:48:20:328
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Download Internet Explorer Drivers CD-Rom Motherboards