Sign in with
Your question
Solved

System backup

Last response: in Windows XP
August 28, 2012 2:24:12 AM

How do I back up files from my old computer with windowsXP and download to my new computer with windows7. I need explicit directions as I am computer illiterate. I have a large flash drive that was suppose to be automatically backing up my files but I don't think it has. I need Help! :( 

More about : system backup

Best solution

August 28, 2012 3:44:27 AM

The easiest thing for you might be to copy files to the flash drive then download them to the new computer. You can create a new folder ie myoldfiles, and paste them there so you will know where to look for them. Windows has gotten a little into smoke and mirrors, good luck.
a c 232 $ Windows 7
August 28, 2012 12:14:50 PM

Attach the old drive into the new system and it will show as a secondary drive. Now copy files as you normally would.
m
l
Related resources
September 4, 2012 3:48:48 AM

Best answer selected by babsk1023.
m
l
September 4, 2012 3:51:51 AM

ktownmike said:
The easiest thing for you might be to copy files to the flash drive then download them to the new computer. You can create a new folder ie myoldfiles, and paste them there so you will know where to look for them. Windows has gotten a little into smoke and mirrors, good luck.

Thank you. I did this and it worked. Now all I have to do is put the files where I really want them.
m
l
September 7, 2012 3:52:14 AM

I thank all for their help. I was able to download the files.
m
l
!