Solved

System backup

How do I back up files from my old computer with windowsXP and download to my new computer with windows7. I need explicit directions as I am computer illiterate. I have a large flash drive that was suppose to be automatically backing up my files but I don't think it has. I need Help! :(
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about system backup
  1. Best answer
    The easiest thing for you might be to copy files to the flash drive then download them to the new computer. You can create a new folder ie myoldfiles, and paste them there so you will know where to look for them. Windows has gotten a little into smoke and mirrors, good luck.
  2. Attach the old drive into the new system and it will show as a secondary drive. Now copy files as you normally would.
  3. Best answer selected by babsk1023.
  4. ktownmike said:
    The easiest thing for you might be to copy files to the flash drive then download them to the new computer. You can create a new folder ie myoldfiles, and paste them there so you will know where to look for them. Windows has gotten a little into smoke and mirrors, good luck.

Thank you. I did this and it worked. Now all I have to do is put the files where I really want them.
  5. I thank all for their help. I was able to download the files.
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Windows 7 Computers Backup Windows XP