Will the Noctua NH-D14 fit in the Asrock Extreme4 Z77?

vinsonc11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I'm getting a Noctua NH-D14 for my new build and the mobo's going to be an Asrock Extreme4 Z77. Because the cooler is huge, I'm not sure if it'll fit in the motherboard and NOT block the RAM at the same time. Thanks in advance :)

Solution

You have 3 options:

#1, You can can raise the mounting height of the 120mm fan to clear the memory modules.

#2, Reverse the mounting clips on the 120mm fan and move it to the rear as a pull setup instead of push.

#3, The ASRock motherboard has no problem running the outer memory slots, if you only have 2 matched modules you can use the 2 outer slots.

saintsfleur

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I have one installed on mine- it fits, but the edge of the NH-D14 ends up very close to the top PCI-e slot. I ended up putting my video card in Slot #2 because of that .. I used the G-skill rams that easily fitted...

Cheers!

nna2

Distinguished
1586c119_P1000613.jpeg
different MOBO but shows what will happen

You have 3 options:

#1, You can can raise the mounting height of the 120mm fan to clear the memory modules.

#2, Reverse the mounting clips on the 120mm fan and move it to the rear as a pull setup instead of push.

#3, The ASRock motherboard has no problem running the outer memory slots, if you only have 2 matched modules you can use the 2 outer slots.

Solution