Cooling System for i7 2600k?

jijomathew

Honorable
May 27, 2012
I need a good cooling system for my i7 2600k
I am from India
so the price of products(which are known to me):Coolermaster EVO 212<Noctua D14 se2011=deepcool Assassin=corsair h70
corsair h60 is similar priced with h70.
my case is HAF X and i am using corsair vengeance ram(not low profile)
Which is best for me?

Solution
If you were to get the Noctua D14 then you would most likly have to position the cooler in a verticle poaition so it's away from the ram set. In the case of choosing between the Noctua and the Corsair then I would get the Corsair and you would not have any issues with the ram sets.
The cpu heatsink that you would need depends on if your going to be doing any overclocking of the cpu. If you are not overclocking and want goods cpu temps then the CM Hyper 212 EVO would be a good choice and is reletivly inexpensive.
If you are doing overclocking or you just want a lower cpu temp then the Noctua D14 would be a good choice , it's more expensive then the Hyper 212 but will handle overclocking and/or give you lower temps then the Hyper 212 if not overclocking.
The Corsair H70 is more expensive and if you plan to do overclocking as high as you can then you would need a serious cooler and you would need something that's water cooled.

jijomathew

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Thanks for your replies,but here(where i live) price of Noctua d14 and corsair h70 cost the same(some sotres price of h70 is less than d14).

iam worrying that would the vengeance ram's heatspreaders block the sitting of heatsinks.

i will overclock my system but not high just moderate(around 4ghz)

If you were to get the Noctua D14 then you would most likly have to position the cooler in a verticle poaition so it's away from the ram set. In the case of choosing between the Noctua and the Corsair then I would get the Corsair and you would not have any issues with the ram sets.

Solution

jijomathew

Honorable
May 27, 2012
ok this is my first liquid cooling,if the h70 performs better than d14.
i heared about risk in liquid cooling.could you please tell is there any risk?
what about maintenance of the system?
if it is too complicated i will stick with air.
please help me to finalise

There are two types of water cooling , the first is the closed loop self contained system like the Corsair H-70 , H-80 and H-100 anf these systems require no maintenence and they are leak tested before shipping. You do not take them apart in any way.
The second is the custom water cooling where you buy all the parts seperate and put it together your self , there is more risk with this type and you generally have to know what you are doing to build a custom water cooling system.
Your Corsair H-70 is all put together for you at the factory and you do not take it apart snf it'd just like installing a fan/heatsink , it takes just about the same amount of time.