Sign in with
Your question

GA-H55M-UD2H and i5-760 problem

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 22, 2010 11:35:49 PM

This is a new build and I'm running into problems. I'm sure everything is connected right but I have no beeps, fans running, mouse turns on so USB's must be running correctly, keyboard and monitor does not work and the green light on the motherboard is on. I've tried running it with no sticks of RAM, one stick, and it still does not boot.

This is the build:

i5-760 2.80 GHz
BFG Tech GS Series ATX12v2.2 550 Watt Power Supply
GA-h55m-UD2H motherboard
4 gb Corsair memory kit (2 sticks)
Diamond ATI Radeon HD 5770

More about : h55m ud2h 760 problem

a c 235 V Motherboard
August 23, 2010 12:08:16 AM

1) Check to see what version your motherboard's BIOS needs to be to support the i5-760 since it is new. Could be an unsupported BIOS issue.

2) Read through this thread and complete all the items on the list to help with your troubleshooting.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 24, 2010 5:53:21 PM

Assuming the bios needs updating, how would one go abouts doing so if this is a build starting from scratch? I do apologise if this is a stupid question. I recently ordered these parts but i was assuming they would work, but it looks like that might not be the case.

EDIT

Forgive me, i have found out how now. Load the update bios in a usb flash drive and boot on from usb.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2010 8:50:35 PM

Hi Johny,

Couple of things to consider in getting your rig up and running. Do you have a small speaker (1") that you connected to the Front I/O header? IF not getting one would help you in determining generally where the problem is that is preventing you from booting up successfully. No Beep code, or a RAM or Video Card Beep Code will help identify the problem location.

You mentioned your keyboard is not functional. You should use a P/S2 keyboard which initializes early, and will give you the ability to move around in the POST system setup, which you will have to do to flash the BIOS. Not sure how you determined the USB Mouse worked, since there was no display on your monitor. Possibly both are from not being able to see anything on the display to actually determine if they are functional.

Till you get the basics working, don't connect any HDD, or USB drive, of UFD, or DVD drive to the motherboard. With the CPU, RAM, & Video card, see if you can get to the Gigabyte Splash screen, to click on <del> to enter the System SetUp.

If even that is not possible, take out the high end HD 5770 and try a basic PCI video card if you have one, to see if a problem with the PCI-E video card initializing could be preventing it POSTing.

Your MB specs say you need the F9 BIOS to use the i-7 870 CPU. Know what BIOS version you have? An i-7 860 requires the F4 BIOS version, so maybe connecting only the basics and a basic PCI video card, could get you to the POST screen, where you can <F8> then use the Q-Flash utility and the updated BIOS version on a Floppy or USB Flash Drive to update the BIOS .

m
l
October 9, 2010 5:27:05 AM

Hello, I just purchased that same unit, i5 760 and that same mother board. I wasn't hearing beeps and it ended up being that my case didn't have a speaker. Weird huh? no speaker in the case thus I had to pull a speaker out of another computer, plug it into the mother board and then i found out that it was set to a PCI E video card vs. the onboard video card that i wnated to use for now.
m
l
December 30, 2010 9:53:29 PM

kael_88 said:
Assuming the bios needs updating, how would one go abouts doing so if this is a build starting from scratch? I do apologise if this is a stupid question. I recently ordered these parts but i was assuming they would work, but it looks like that might not be the case.

EDIT

Forgive me, i have found out how now. Load the update bios in a usb flash drive and boot on from usb.

Hi kael_88,

How did you do the update without seeing anything on the screen?

Ed
m
l
a c 160 V Motherboard
December 31, 2010 3:46:32 AM

Doesn't the BIOS run off it's own flash program? Or some such video program?
m
l
!