The Quietest Computer Fan?

LOL123

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Im building my computer in the upcoming month and wondering what is the Quietest but efficient fans available of sizes of 120mm and 200mm , i dont mind if there are LED's or they are plane :)

Thanks!

Solution
I wouldn't bother replacing the standard fans, they should be cool and quiet.

Best thing to do is set it up and run some stress tests while monitoring the temps, you may find everything is cool and there is no need for increased cooling.

HWmonitor
Prime 95
OCCT
3D Mark

If not depending on whats heating up will determine where you need to add cooling power.

LOL123

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Im not 100% sure how much air flow i would need :) , im thinking of getting the new CoolerMaster Storm Enfocer and as it has a 200mm fan and a 120mm at the back i though i might add a 120mm or an extremely low rpm 200rpm to the top. Im thinking of putting the new AMD zambezi chip in with a GTX570 and only 1 HD , do you think i would need a large amount of airflow and should i replace the case's already insatlled fans ? Thanks

I wouldn't bother replacing the standard fans, they should be cool and quiet.

Best thing to do is set it up and run some stress tests while monitoring the temps, you may find everything is cool and there is no need for increased cooling.

HWmonitor
Prime 95
OCCT
3D Mark

If not depending on whats heating up will determine where you need to add cooling power.

Solution

PaulB

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Have a look at the charts on Quiet PC. Very handy for comparing airflow with noise at certain RPM's. I usually choose the cheaper fans (coollink) and then tweak the RPM's down with a fan controller. I have also used the Noctua ones in the past but found the price to not be worth the expense over cheaper ones that are just as quiet when the RMP's are reduced through a fan controller.