Closed Solved

Pre-applied Thermal paste or not?

Hi all, I just installed a Thermaltake Water 2.o pro. I'm not really happy with the temps im getting. I was expecting better.
Whats the opinion about the thermal paste they have pre-applied. It was a powdery thermal application. My temps don't seem any better than my Hyper 212. In fact maybe a little worst.

Asrock x58 xtreame
Core i7 930 stock 2.8

Right now room temp is 78f.

with an OC of 3.6 im getting temps of 39.38.40.36.

Tanks
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about applied thermal paste
  1. I have always taken off the pre-applied crap.

I have received better temps with after market stuff. The $7 is really worth the cost.
  2. Also, 78f is not too bad. what temps are you getting under load?
  3. inerax said:
    Also, 78f is not too bad. what temps are you getting under load?

78 is the room temp
  4. All thermal goo is the same. Don't get the most expensive flashiest prettiest one. Waste of extra $3 or $4.
  5. Smeg45 said:
    All thermal goo is the same. Don't get the most expensive flashiest prettiest one. Waste of extra $3 or $4.

That's not my question.
  6. No offense, but you really didn't ask a question- it was a somewhat open-ended assumption on what you are really wanting to have answered.
  7. rubix_1011 said:
    No offense, but you really didn't ask a question- it was a somewhat open-ended assumption on what you are really wanting to have answered.

This is a question I just forgot the question mark. "Whats the opinion about the thermal paste they have pre-applied." I'm responding to Smeg45 and am telling him I didn't ask about price.
  8. There's nothing wrong, but those temps look like idle ones. What are load temps?
  9. amuffin said:
    There's nothing wrong, but those temps look like idle ones. What are load temps?

Actually their quite good now. My 2.9 core i7 930 is OC'ed to 3.8. I ran Prime 95 small fft's and it doesn't break 50c. That's a great improvement, I guess it took a little time for the Thermal paste to cure.
    Thanks for you response but you to didn't answer my question either.

Whats the opinion about the thermal paste they have pre-applied?
    Would I do better with some artic 5 on that puppy?

thanks again
  10. Best answer
    It won't make that much of a difference. That's your answer.
  11. amuffin said:
    It won't make that much of a difference. That's your answer.

Thank you, sir.
  12. Best answer selected by gerry410.
  13. This topic has been closed by Rubix_1011
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Thermal Compound Thermaltake Overclocking Product