HELP Graphics card problem

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Drivers
  • Graphics Cards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 24, 2010 12:24:53 AM

Hey all i am having a real rough time with my 5850. Let me give you a little info on what has been happening. So i finished my build last night and and was getting things working when the pc would just ramdomly turn off. I finally after many restores of the original backup with no drivers installed figured out that there is something wrong with m 5850. Now if i don't install the drivers for the video card and just use the windows default drivers... the system is fine. as soon as i install the new drivers it crashes. I have tried the drivers of the website and the older ones of the disk and they both do the same thing.... whats going on???? Do i have a bad card???

More about : graphics card problem

January 24, 2010 7:00:34 AM

Hello bigstott,

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and have a Sapphire 5870 and have been experiencing regular crashes.
Sometimes its on start up loading the windows desktop screen, sometimes during normal use or playing a game.
Windows tells me there is a driver problem, but as it works most of the time and it has the latest driver installed
I am going to leave it as it is and wait for new drivers to be released.
I have read quite a few posts about Windows 7 and 5800 driver problems so I would assume it's a known issue.
I know this doesn't help you much, but if you are also on Windows 7 and you can use it with the default windows drivers
you too might have wait for a new release.

Regards keith263
m
l
January 24, 2010 1:34:07 PM

wht PSU r u guys usuing ???
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2010 2:28:20 PM

Hi ayascool,

I'm using a Be Quiet 1000W Dark Power Pro psu.
My crashes are very intermittent and didn't happen before I changed graphics cards from a
9800GT running with the generic windows driver.
This is a new build completed in December 2009 and apart from Windows 7 64 bit usb wireless issues
has been running great.

Regards keith263
m
l
January 30, 2010 10:59:08 PM

I have found when i encounter the problem i re boot... lower my rez and reset the hz to 60 and it clears the problem up.... not sure why... but it does.
m
l
!