Nvidia card in board with radeon onboard

can i stick a nvidia graphics card into a computer with onboard radeon graphics card ( i had been told u cant and have also been told u can)
6 answers Last reply
More about nvidia card board radeon onboard
  1. Yes - though you will need to disable the onboard (most MOBO's will do this when any video card is plugged into your PCI-e slot but best to make sure in the BIOS) - but any video card can be used as long as there is the correct type of slot (ie. PCI-e x16) on the MOBO the only thing is an ATI chipset MOBO will not support SLI so you can not link 2 video cards in SLI on an ATI chipset board. (they support Crossfire instead) But a single card will be fine !
  2. ok and how do i make sure my onboard i turned off in the bois 9what do i go to just to make sure)
  3. WC Aftermath said:
    ok and how do i make sure my onboard i turned off in the bois 9what do i go to just to make sure)

IT varies by MOBO but usually somewhere under integrated peripherals you will se an option for onboard video just make sure it says disabled (as I said most MOBO's will automatically do this once you plug a video card into the PCI-e slot and connect your monitor to the new card but just in case it never hurts to check it in the Bios.)
  4. ok thank you that just saved me from buying another graphics card!!
  5. Actually just looked at my Gigabyte Manual and it is under the Advanced Bios Features page not integrated peripherals page!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Radeon Graphics