Memtest queries

G

Hi all, i've built myself a computer, (not the first altho i dont claim to be a whizz) now my problem is i keep getting the odd BSOD.

ive got 8gb of G.Skill ddr3-1600 installed, but memtest has found over 75000 bad bits, this was over 2 passes. Just wondering if this could be down to anything else, or just the memory? the board is a Asus M4a88TD-M evo/usb3

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers

D

Deleted member 217926

Hi all, i've built myself a computer, (not the first altho i dont claim to be a whizz) now my problem is i keep getting the odd BSOD.

ive got 8gb of G.Skill ddr3-1600 installed, but memtest has found over 75000 bad bits, this was over 2 passes. Just wondering if this could be down to anything else, or just the memory? the board is a Asus M4a88TD-M evo/usb3

You likely have at least 1 bad stick. Try removing the sticks 1 at a time and running memtest again until you can isolate the bad stick/sticks. Is the RAM at the correct voltage?

That sounds like an rma to me.
Run your test one module at a time at default speed 1333Mhz
I doubt every module is faulty.
As you test one module at a time take note of the errors for that particular module
Use masking tape to mark the faulty modules
The number of errors and the marked bad modules will help in the rma process.