Sign in with
Your question

I7 3770

Last response: in Overclocking
September 14, 2012 10:57:44 PM

Hi,

I have an z77 x ud5 motherboard. I also have an i7 3770 processor 3rd generation I also have I think 3 fans on my coolmaster scout storm case and I also have an extra cooler inside my case for overclocking it is a cool master V8 180W Cooling solution. I also have a OCZ 700W OCZ modX stream-pro power supply Can you maybe give me the exsact numbers that I should key into my bios so I could have a problem free overclock for voltages and everything and what sewction they should go into. I do not want to overclock too much. Just enough to notice a little bit of a difference. I know that the gigabyte z77 ud5h 1155 socket motherboards, come with something called ultra durable 4, which is supposed to be better at handling heat and all that stuff.

16 gigs of Corsair ddr3 dual channel memory.

Thanks so much!

Kinnyr90

More about : 3770

a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 1:45:32 AM

This is a non-"k" 3770?

m
l
September 15, 2012 2:36:06 AM

Z1NONLY said:
This is a non-"k" 3770?

Your right! Bummer!

Well what happens if I try to overclock it anyway?

m
l
Related resources
September 15, 2012 2:38:00 AM

Your right! Bummer!

Well what happens if I try to overclock it anyway?
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 2:49:13 AM

You would have to use the FSB to overclock. I have done this with an AMD CPU and it worked great, but I have read that it's a bad idea with Intel.
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 2:59:46 AM

You're not completely screwed and stuck with only BCLK OC'ing, though.

Because of a nice little thing called "Limited" Unlocked, you can raise the Turbo multi's by 4 bins (400MHz) each. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.
m
l
September 15, 2012 3:16:36 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
You're not completely screwed and stuck with only BCLK OC'ing, though.

Because of a nice little thing called "Limited" Unlocked, you can raise the Turbo multi's by 4 bins (400MHz) each. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Can you tell me exactly how to do that Please. And thank you so much! This is fine, because, I was not looking to overclock that much anyways. Just a little bit.
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 3:18:58 AM

Kinnyr90 said:
Can you tell me exactly how to do that Please. And thank you so much! This is fine, because, I was not looking to overclock that much anyways. Just a little bit.

You just need to go into the overclocking section of your BIOS and change the Turbo multipliers, but I'll take a look at the manual and see what that actually entails for you.
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 3:26:25 AM

More complicated than it should be (Asus does it better IMO), but go into the M.I.T section, then go to "Advanced Frequency Settings" and then "Advanced CPU Core Features".

From there, raise each of the Turbo multipliers by 4 using the + key on the keypad.
m
l
September 15, 2012 3:32:07 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
More complicated than it should be (Asus does it better IMO), but go into the M.I.T section, then go to "Advanced Frequency Settings" and then "Advanced CPU Core Features".

From there, raise each of the Turbo multipliers by 4 using the + key on the keypad.

Thanks so much! I will try this.

Kinnyr90
m
l
September 15, 2012 3:43:47 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:

I did it. I guess that's all I can do. It's all I really want anyways. Now I did not have to do anything with voltages did I? I hope not I get lost if I play around with those.

Thanks

Kinnyr90
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 3:51:58 AM

Great! And you're welcome. :) 

And nah, you wouldn't have to worry about voltage with such a small OC. Auto voltage is fine.
m
l
!