Computer Screen "Shakes"

20 answers Last reply
More about computer screen shakes
  1. More info?
  2. Is this serious? Maybe it's just my terrible connect but it looks like there is absolutely no text in the OP's post.

Well if my eyes aren't decieving me...

OP, stop shaking it and you'll be fine, or get your monitor off the washing machine.
  3. Without any info it's hard to say. My screen shook very slightly, and it turned out to just be my monitor getting old.
  4. Maybe his screen is now dead which is why he can post anymore. :p
  5. wtf? for some reason there is no text. lol
    oh well guess i have to post it again.

for the past few months my computer screen has been shaking as if there are heatwaves inside the screen. Sometimes it'll get that bad and my computer crashes with all colourful lines all over my screen. I don't do any heavy gaming on my computer because i simlpy cant. The only games I play are Morrowind and PWI. Even if I'm watching a YouTube video it will be shaky. Please help me fix this problem. Thanks :)
  6. My computer specs are...

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
    Phoenix - AwardBios v6.00PG
    AMD Athlon 7550 x2 Processor
    4GB Ram
    Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Compaq Q2009 Monitor
    It thinks it has DX 11 lol

Also I only got it October last year so it couldnt already becoming old
  7. boonality said:
    Is this serious? Maybe it's just my terrible connect but it looks like there is absolutely no text in the OP's post.

Well if my eyes aren't decieving me...

OP, stop shaking it and you'll be fine, or get your monitor off the washing machine.

Maybe the Air Con is making it cold so its shivering :D
  8. Seems you have lots of problems with your computer LOL. 1 out of 3 posts have text, that's a pretty bad ratio.
  9. What is this... I refreshed the page and now I can see your replies, except for the original post.

Maybe it's my computer... :o :cry:
  10. boonality said:
    What is this... I refreshed the page and now I can see your replies, except for the original post.

Maybe it's my computer... :o :cry:

yeah my first post had too much text so it didnt display
  11. so do you know if you can help me? :)
  12. Well what I guess I would do is troubleshoot small steps and logically to narrow down the issue.

1. Swap out monitors for another, this will help you determine monitor or computer.
    2. Post back the results.

Is your video card integrated or a descrete card?
  13. it is intergrated. and i wont be able to swap monitor until tommorow
  14. what i was thinking that it might be a voltage or clock speeed problem.dont know why i am thinking this but i am lol. could either of these be possibilties?
  15. Well it's most likely either your integrated video, fixed by purchasing a video card or replacing your motherboard, or it's your monitor which is easy to replace.

9 times out of 10 it will be one of those situations.
  16. ok thanks ill try. first ill update all of my drivers. do you know any eeasy ways to find all available driver updates?
  17. When my monitor was broken, the screen would go black at times, but the computer never actually crashed. My vote is that the motherboard is at fault.
  18. hmm... guess ill have to try and find a new one to ft into my case if i cant get it to work properly. because i void the warranty by opening the case so i cant claim it. :(
  19. Still swap monitors first if you have the ability to do so, it's an easy kill to determine what's going on.
  20. I had the same problem today screen graphics were shaking. Then the blue screen came and computer shutdown restarted and blue screened but on the way in through startup there text was shaking. I swapped out the memory same thing. I tend to think it is the power supply on mine. oh I also pulled my g-card and went to the onbooard.

I have determined it is either the mobo or the power supply. I am betting the power supply.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics