Very confusing issue with audio in games.. crackling and flickering

racuro

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Hello, just today i have encountered this issue with my PC, it started with a BSOD after opening world of Warcraft with the error

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Or something along these lines, the BSOD doesn't happen anymore and i didn't get a chance to write it all down. Also it had two other things at the bottom, they were both..

RTKHDA64.sys

After this i searched for the error and attempted to fix by updating my audio drivers and video drivers for good measure.

Although before i did all the updates i tried to run WoW, and i had this small buzzing when the game was loading up and once i finally got to the login screen the buzzing and screeching was very loud, not to mention the fact the screen was flickering a little bit.

As of yet i have not been able to find anything on the internet relating to this issue, i am going to try uninstalling my audio drivers and see if it still flickers at least.

Other than my audio being the problem, could it also be my video card, that has been running fine until today.

Here are my current system specs:

AMD Phenom 2 X2 3.1ghz
OCz 800mhz Ram x 4gb
EVGA GTX 280 1gb
ASUS M4N82 Deluxe w/ Realtek HD audio
Kingwin 800w PSU
Seagate 250gb HDD
Maxtor 100gb HDD[Primary]
Lite-On DVD RW drive
LG Flatron 24"
Windows XP x64 sp2

racuro

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Update:

I uninstalled my Realtek HD audio drivers, i still have my usb hedphones plugged in so they work.

The noise and flickering is still there.

I went into my Nvidia control panel and hit

"Adjust image settings with preview"

The rotating 3d image flickers aswell.

I am starting to think this is also an issue with my video card. I am going to try downgrading drivers..